Chapter 15

• Dedicated to My Awesome Boys, Who Don't Even Know I Exist!

PUBLISHED 4/3/15

A/N

This was one of my favorite chapters to write. Let's just say it has a... pleasant surprise.

-A

Cameron's POV

"She probably cuts, that crazy bitch," mumbles Sophia.

I turn around to face her, seething. Ok, what she was doing before was not right, but it was a family matter. This is a personal matter. Sure, it feels like knives stabbing me, due to Liam, but this is step to far.

I walk up to her, and look her in the eye. "What?" I hiss.

"You're a crazy bitch that probably cuts?" repeats Sophia. "What? Is it true? You hear that, boys? She's depressed, too! Ha."

Sophia and Liam snicker. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you too blinded by 'love'?" I ask Liam.

"The Liam I knew before he was famous, always cared about his little brother and sister-not leave them, and then make sick, twisted jokes. What if I was depressed, Liam? Huh? Then what?" I ask, pulling up my shirt, not enough to show my bra, but enough to show my cuts. "Is your joke still funny?"

I drop my shirt, and look Liam in eye. "What's happened to you?" I ask. "You're not James Snow, best friend. You're Liam Payne, famous idiot."

I turn around, and walk up to my room. Danielle follows me, at a loss for words. I walk into my room, and shut the door. I lay on my bed, and Dani sits next to me. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" she asks. "Someone could've helped."

"No," I say. "They couldn't of. Dani, you've helped me a lot in these past few hours, but this isn't something you've could've helped with."

She just sits there, not sure what to say. I'm not entirely sure what to say, either. I kinda just revealed a big secret. Sophia's triumphant. She beat me at her own game-of course. I'm the depressed, cutting, burden, who ruins everyone life. She's the beauty queen, who can manipulate just about anyone.

"I did exactly what Sophia wanted," I admit. "I let her win. She won. Liam's hers'. My happiness is hers'. My hope is hers'. Everything that kept me going? Hers'."

"I think I should leave," whispers Danielle. "Call if you need anything."

She turns, and starts to climb out my window. "Thank you, Danielle," I say, only loud enough to hear.

"Don't mention it," mutters Danielle, giving me a half-hearted smile.

I shut my window behind her, locking it.

If only Clyde were here... I wonder what he would look like. Would he look like he always looked? He would be a better brother than Liam. We were twin-are twins. I seriously wish he was here right now.

I snap out of my trance, and feel that my cheeks are wet and warm. I didn't even notice I was crying.

I wipe my hands along my cheeks, in efforts to wipe my tears. Someone knocks on my door, and I just ignore it. My door opens, and Zayn walks in. He sits on the chair by my desk.

"The other day, I found your sketch pad when I was cleaning," describes Zayn. "I was curious, so I looked in it. You want to draw?"

I pull my sketch pad out from under my bed, and flip through it. I grab my pencil box, containing my colored pencils, and a sharpener. I open to a new page, and start drawing my feelings.

Zayn pulls out his, and starts to draw as well.

I finish my drawing, and so does Zayn. "Can I see yours'?" I ask.

He flashes his drawing, and I see he drew himself. "Can I see yours'?" asks Zayn.

"No," I say, putting my sketch pad, and pencil box back under my bed.

"Why not?" asks Zayn, whining.

"Because," I say. I start pushing Zayn out of my room. "Nighty, night."

I shut my door, and lock it. I go over to my closet, and put on some pajamas. I lay on my bed. I want to go see Clyde, but I can't. I want to go see my mom, but I can't. I want to go kill Barbie, but I can't. I want to die, which I can, but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do that.

"Clyde," I whisper. "I'm sorry."

I walk back over to my closet, and put on tight-ankle yoga pants and a beanie. I unlock my window, and climb out. I start jogging, and run towards the familiar part of London.

In about twenty minutes, I make it to George Memorial Park. There's not a single soul there, but then again, it's 10:34 at night. I walk over to the slide, and see the initials craved into the slide.

CS + CS = BFFs

I remember that day. I run my nail over the letters, marveling at the familiar joyous feeling it gives. "I remember that day," says a male voice that sounds familiar.

I whip my head around, so fast, I almost snap my neck. There, as if he's back from the dead, stands my twin. "C-Clyde?" I stutter.

"In the flesh," he says.

I run towards. Before I hug him, I feel him, to make sure he's not a pigment of my imagination, and I'm not losing it. He laughs at me, the embraces me.

I quickly hug him back. In the case, I am imagining it, I hug him back, savoring every minute. "You're supposed to be dead," I say.

"Where did you hear that?" he asks.

"That's what they told me at the orphanage," I say. "We have so much to talk about."

"You're right," he says. "Where?"

"Do you want to go to my adoptive families place?" I ask.

"Are they going to be mad you have a strange boy in the house?" he asks, chuckling.

"Nah," I say. "But I live about twenty minutes away."

"I don't mind," says Clyde.

"How are you even here?" I question. "You've been gone for seven years, then you just show up out of the blue. How is that even possible?"

We start walking, side by side. "What do you mean?" he asks. "I've been here. Just not... here, as in with you."

"I-I... I'm sorry," I say. "I should've been in front of you when that gun went off."

"But you weren't," he declares. "Because I pushed you in front of me."

"Why?" I ask. "We were only 10."

"He was crazy," says Clyde. "We understood that. I wanted you to be safe. You had a chance to run, right?"

"But you didn't," I argue.

"It doesn't matter," he says. "It's over now."

"Where have you been?" I ask.

He thinks for a minute. "... It doesn't matter," he says.

"Is that your answer for everything?" I ask.

"How much longer?" he asks, changing the subject.

We turn down road, and the house comes into view. I start walking towards it, and Clyde follows. I walk in the front door, and Clyde follows, mouth agape.

All the boys are sitting in the living room, but Liam. They turn their heads towards us, and their mouths fall open.

"Th-There's two?" stutters Niall.

"We could hardly handle one!" exclaims Harry.

I give him a questioning glare. He puts his hands up in surrender. I hear footsteps, and Liam comes down. He looks between the boys, Clyde, and I.

He runs up to Clyde and I, and embrace us. Clyde looks at him, as if he's crazy. "Do I know you?" asks Clyde.

"James," says Liam. "Snow."

Clyse looks confued, then looks like a pound a brick hit him. "Clyde, meet James," I say. "James, meet Clyde."