Chapter 20

PUBLISHED 5/7/15

A/N

Ok guys, 1.9K? Incredible! I love you guys. Now, let's set a new goal. Does 2.5K sound reasonable? Or does that sound to high? I mean, at this rate, it's a real possibility. Do me a few favors guys-Read, Vote, and Comment!

Cam and Amelia on the side!

-A

Cameron's POV

I insulted him. That's the best defense he's got?

Have you've ever been insulted? Did you attempt to break that persons' jaw? No? BECAUSE IT'S NOT NORMAL!

I roll my eyes, laughing at the argument I had with myself. I'm going mad! I lay down on my bed, bouncing a bit.

I decide to post a picture of myself on Instagram and Twitter, with the caption, I think I'm going mad! 

(There's a Twitter and Instagram for her! @TheRealCamSnow)

In minutes, there was over 1,000 likes, and a lot of comments. About 25% of them were nice. I skimmed through them, following a few people, and disregarding the rest.

I seen one comment that got my attention.

You saved my life... was all it said.

I clicked on the account it came from. A girl named Amelia Smith. I looked over her profile, and pressed the follow button. I get a DM.

You followed me? You're awesome! says Amelia.

I'm not that awesome, I respond, I just wanted to follow you.

Why me? she asks.

You seem cool, I say, Do you live in the UK, too?

I do, was her reply. I'm actually going to be at Starbucks on 53rd in 10 minutes. Meet me there?

I'll definitely be there, was what I said.

I slipped on sandals, and a beanie. I climbed out my window, and started jogging toward Starbucks. In a few minutes, I get to Starbucks.

In walks a petite girl. She looked like a ghost. She had pale skin, solid black hair, and gray eyes. I new immediately this was Amelia Smith.

"Amelia," I called gently, as if I might lose the spirit of Ghost Girl.

She looks at me, and her eyes lit up. She cautiously walks over to me.

"I don't bite," I joke.

She cracks a smile, and sits across from me.

"Hi," I say, "I'm Cam."

"I know," she says, smiling, "I'm Amelia. Thanks for meeting me. This is awesome. Can I get a picture with you?"

I get up, and slip into the booth next to her. She pulls her phone out, and with shaky hands, snaps a few quick pictures. I pull my own phone out, and take a few.

I get up, "What do you want?" I ask her.

"I'm ok," she says.

"I'm sure you are," I reply. "But what do you want to drink? Pick, or I'll just get you a hot chocolate."

"Whatever you get is fine," she says.

I walk to the counter, and grab two coffees, pay the barista, and bring Amelia her drink.

"Thanks," she says.

"No problem," I say.

She sips her drink, and smiles at me. I don't mention a word about the comment. Amelia was probably my age, if not a year younger.

"Give me your phone," I said.

She slowly handed it to me, and I put my number in. I sip my drink, and smile. She texts me, and I save her number.

We talk a bit, and I get to know her. Her favorite color is neon green, her favorite movie is Finding Nemo-(Never, ever, too old for Disney!). Her favorite book is Paper Towns, she wants to be a Pediatrician, so she can give back, and has a GPA of 4.5.

I smiled, and just let her keep talking. I could tell she never did this.

"What's your family like?" I ask, and suddenly, she goes mute.

"M-My family?" she asks, "N-Normal."

"Are you ok, Amelia?" I ask, "Are you not telling me something?"

"My family is complicated," she mumbles.

Then, I think back to the comment...

"Amelia?" I ask, "When I ask you this question, you need to answer me completely honest."

"It depend what it is," she says.

"Are you abused at home?" I ask quietly.

Suddenly, her eyes open wide, and there's fear in them. Her face gets whiter than it is, and I didn't think it was possible.

"Of course not," she whispers.

"Amelia?" I badger, "I won't tell. I swear."

"Y-yes," she says, silent tears streaming down her face, "By my father."

"And you've never told anyone?" I ask.

"Who am I supposed to tell?" she asks, coldly, "School? My mother? My brother? He always finds a way around it. I'm crazy, is the number one way. I've been sent to the looney-bin so many times, I've lost count. He hurts me, but doesn't leave scars. And the last time I told, and he found out, I'm amazed I'm able to talk to you right now."

"How long has this been happening?" I ask.

"A few years," she says.

"Why don't you stay with me tonight?" I ask.

"T-There's boys there," she says, fear lacing her voice.

And then I knew we weren't talking physical and verbal abuse-we were talking sexual abuse, too.

"They're boys who won't even kill a spider," I joke, "I have to kill them."

She cracks a short, tight smile, and nods a bit. I grab her hand, and pull her up. She gets up, and walks side by side with me.

We get to the street, and there's the house. I walk in the front door, and the boys look at us.

"Amelia's sleeping over tonight," I say, not leaving room for discussion.

"B-" Liam starts, but I cut him off with a sharp glare, and I think it gets the message across.

We walk up the stairs, towards my room. On my way, we pass the guest room. I knock on the door, and a groggy Clyde with earbuds in opens it. He rips out the earphones, and sets them, along with a phone, aside.

"Can I help you?" he asks, yawning.

"This is Amelia," I say.

She looks between the two of us. "Not a single tabloid ever mentioned you having a twin."

"Word hasn't gotten out yet," I say, "But, I think we should tell tonight. But, in a fun way."

"Like what?" asks Clyde.

"A TwitCam," I say, smiling.