Chapter 6

PUBLISHED 3/1/15

Cameron's POV

I wake up. 8pm. I go downstairs. There's a not on the table.

"Had a interview. Be home around 10pm. Be careful! Don't open the door for anyone. See you soon!

-LiLi"

Perfect. I'll just go play in my Game Room. I go upstairs. I open the door. I notice something in the mirror.

"Who can you trust in this crazy world? Not everyone, that's for sure. Be careful who you trust.

-C"

Is written on my cracked mirror in my pink lipstick. C... Oh my God!

He is dead! C is a fake because the only one I ever loved is dead. D-E-A-D, dead!

I can't deal with this. I could hardly cope with his death, now I have this as well.

I grab my phone and take a picture of the mirror. I grab water and paper towel and clean the mirror off. I call the boys.

"Hello?" asks Louis.

I can't speak. I'm to scared and nervous. I'm paralyzed and my throat feels like it's closing.

"Cameron! Cameron! Are you ok? Answer me! Cameron!" yells Louis. "We're on our way home."

He hangs up.

I curl up in a ball and cry. I hear the door open. I hear pounding footsteps come up the stairs. Liam sits next to me, cradling me in his arms.

"What's wrong?" he whispers.

"I-it ca-can't b-be...," I trail off.

"What can't be?" asks Liam.

"I-it's imp-impossible...," I stutter.

"Cameron, talk to me. What's impossible?" asks Liam.

"I-It's f-fake...," I get out.

"Cameron! What's fake?" asks Louis, annoyed.

I start to sob harder. I point to my mirror. I already cleaned up the pieces that fell out.

"Someone was here," I whisper.

"What?" asks Liam.

"Someone was here," I say a little bit louder.

"What do you mean?" asks Liam.

"Someone was in the house. Someone broke my mirror," I say.

"What exactly happened?" asks Louis.

"I woke up at 8pm. I went downstairs and read the note you left. I came back up here and noticed the mirror. I called you and I was scared," I say.

"Do you have any idea who?" asks Liam.

"No. But I know they didn't intend to hurt me," I say.

"How do you know? Is anything missing? Are you hurt?" asks Louis.

"Nothing's missing and I'm not hurt. If the wanted to hurt me, they could've. I had no idea they were here," I say.

"So, they just broke your mirror, and left?" asks Louis.

"Ya," I say.

"Lock your window and door. Goodnight," says Zayn.

He walks out. Harry, Niall, and Louis follow him. Liam stays and locks my door.

"What aren't you telling us?" asks Liam.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Did this person take something, leave you a message?" asks Liam.