Chapter 18

PUBLISHED 4/20/15

Cameron's POV

I immediately cowered off the guy I was straddling. Everyone else ran, just as the cops burst in. Clyde, the guy I beat, a few other guys, and I, were all standing there.

The 'Bobbies' put handcuffs on all of us. They escorted us to the cars, as if we were going to try to run. I mean, with all the anger I had, I could beat all of them to a pulp. But I knew it would come back to me later.

They shoved Clyde, the man I beat, and I all into a car. I was sitting in the middle, and no one said anything. I looked at the guy, and noticed he only had a couple bruises, and that was it. The only one I know I gave him was the purple-black bruise, swelling on his jaw.

"Sorry," I mouthed to him, gesturing towards his jaw.

He rolled his eyes, and gave me a smirk. The cops pulled up to the station, and pulled all three of us out. I looked at the clock, and noticed the time. It was nearly 5 in the morning. They put each of us in a holding cell, all were right next to each other.

After thinking for a minute, I knew what I was going to do. "Police Man. Police Man! POLICE MAN! POLICE MAN!" I yelled, and I knew they heard me.

"WHAT?!" one of them yelled, coming towards me.

"Hi," I say.

"Is that all you wanted?" he asks, frustrated.

"No," I say. "I want my phone call."

"Will you shut up?" he asks.

"Yes," I say.

"Fine," he mumbles, taking the keys out of his pocket, and opening the door to the cell. I walk out, and follow him. He leads me to the phone, then walks a little bit away.

I dial Liam's number, and it rings a couple times. "Hello?" asks a groggy Liam.

"Hi," I say, sheepishly.

"Cameron?" he asks. "Why are you calling me? Where are you?"

It's funny how in two seconds someone can go from sleepy to alert. "Clyde and I got arrested," I say.

"I'll be there in ten minutes," he says. He hangs up, and the officer brings me back to the cell. He closes the cells door.

"Wait," I say. "Did anyone grab my beanie?"

"Why?" he asks.

"I'm already getting two lectures for going to the club, then getting arrested," I say. "I don't need a third for my clothing choice."

The officer smiles a bit, and Tattoo's laughs echo through the hallway. The guy reaches behind him, and hands me my jumper through the bars.

"Thank you," I say pulling it over my head.

Another officer walks in. "You guys are free to go," he says.

I walk out of the cell he unlocked, and meet up with Clyde.

"Are you guys twins?" asks Tattoo.

"Ya," I say.

We walk out, and I see all the boys standing there, with frowns etched on their faces. Clyde and I exchange glances, and he knows we're screwed, too.

I look at Tattoo. "Good luck," he mouths.

I look at him, a blank expression in my face. I turn back around, being ushered into the car by an angry Liam at 6:00 in the morning.

Clyde and I get in, and the ride home is silent. I notice Liam clenching and unclenching his fists. Zayn tries to calm him down, but he's far from successful.

We pull up to the flat. All the boys get out, but Clyde and I wait back. Once they're at the front door, I get out and Clyde follows. We all walk in the house.

"Sit," demands Liam, eyeing the both of us.

I sigh, and sit down, knowing he's pissed. He opens his mouth to speak, then closes it. He opens it again, but I wish he didn't.

"What the fuck is wrong with you guys?" he yells, more than asks. "An illegal fight club? Forget it being illegal. Why did you even go to a fight club in the first place?"

"I took her," says Clyde, placing the blame on himself.

"No he didn't," I lie. "I asked him if he wanted to go somewhere, and he didn't know where. I took him there, and when we got there, the cops busted about 10 of us. He had no idea where we were going. It's my fault."

"Why are you taking the blame for this?" asks Clyde.

"Which one of you are lying?" asks Liam. He looks at Zayn. "Zayn? Which one of them are lying?"

I give him a pleading look, and I think he understands because he gives a slight nod. "I don't know," Zayn lies. "Either neither of them are lying, or there both really good at it."

I smile at him, thanking him silently.

"So you guys don't want to tell me the truth?" asks Liam. We don't say anything. "I overheard you guys talking," Liam confesses. "I know it was Clyde's idea, and I know you're covering for him, Cameron."

"Why didn't you stop us?" I ask.

"Because," he says. "I trusted you guys to stop yourselves. Guess not. Go upstairs, and take a nap," says Liam.

I get off the couch, Clyde following, along with Harry. It was now about 7:00am, and I knew I wasn't going to sleep tonight. It has been an eventful night.

Clyde, Harry, adn I walk into my room, and I shut the door.

"Did you fight anyone?" asks Harry.

"I didn't," says Clyde. "But I'm not speaking for both of us."

Harry's head slowly turns to me. "You fought someone in that club?" asks Harry. I nod slowly, not understanding his panic. "Where's your broken nose? Busted lip? Black eye? Bruises?"

"Um... I don't have any," I say.

"Who did you fight?" asks Harry, amazed. "A wimp?"

"Did you see that guy who was in the station, with a ton of tattoos?" I ask. He nods. "Him."

"You fought Adam Levine, and got away, perfectly fine?" asks Harry. I nod, again. "Who are you?"

"Someone who was angry, and needed to get it out."