Chapter 1

A/N

WARNING: There's mentions of self-harm and rape. If you can't handle it, or it's a trigger, please don't read. I'll try to warn you, but I may forget. 

And if there is spelling and grammar errors, feel free to point them out, just remember, I manage this account alone, so mistakes happen!

-A

PUBLISHED 1/2/15

Cameron's POV

I wake up to Miss June yelling. "Get up my dears! Today's adoption day! Get dressed! Be down for breakfast in 30 minutes!" she says all happy and peppy. She's one of the nicer people here.

I get dressed.

Molly walks into my room. "Hey," she says.

"Hi," I say.

"Do you think you're getting adopted?" she asks me. She's my roomie.

"No. No one wants me. The sooner I accept that, the sooner I accept that my life is waste," I say.

"Cam, any family would be lucky to have an incredible daughter like you," she says.

"Molly, nobody wants me. Everyone wants a daughter like you. You're pretty, smart, talented, and everything else," I say. "Someone would be stupid not to pick you."

"Well, let's get downstairs. I'm hungry," says Molly.

"I second that," I say.

Molly is my only friend here. I hate this place. Everyone else here, hates me.

I get a piece of toast. We only get one meal a day. Lucky me, I've never had a big appetite since I've got here. We eat as much as we can for the the meal we do get.

We only get 8 minute showers, too. The orphanage can't afford much.

"That's all you can eat?" she asks, seeing I've only ate half of the piece.

"Mol, I never eat much," I say.

"I know. Let's head back up," she says.

We walk back up to our room. After about five minutes, the people who work here come up to the rooms. Miss June walks in.

"Molly?" she asks.

"Yes?" asks Molly, getting off her bed.

"Someone wants to talk to you. They're thinking off adopting you," says Miss June.

Molly follows her with a big smile plastered on her face. I haven't smiled a real smile since I was 8.

Molly comes shortly after. "I'm getting adopted!" she yells excitedly.

"Good," I say. "See you soon?"

"I'm sure," she says.

"Have fun with your new family," I say.

"Thanks," she says, grabbing her packed bag, and walking out.

********

It's been 3 hours and no one's come to get me. Surprise, surprise! Note the sarcasm. I've decided to read. I've got the whole The Hunger Games series. I've finished the first one already and am halfway through the second one. I snap out of my thoughts when Miss June comes to my room.

"Cam, someone wants to adopt you," she says, surprised.

"What?!" I ask and yell at the same time. I'm not excited. It never ends well, when I get adopted.

"Isn't it great?" she asks. "They want to interview you. Please, Cam? Be on your best behavior. Just be yourself and they'll love you," she says.

"They'll? How many people?" I ask, suspiciously.

"5," she says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Ya. They're very nice boys," she says.

"5 boys?!" I ask.

"Yes. Now, let's go," she says.

I'll just act like a brat! Genius! We walk down the stairs to the interview room. I sit at the table. Then, five boys sit across from me.

The one with suspenders speaks up. "What's your name?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"You know your name," he says. I smirk.

"Ok, well, my name is Louis. That's Liam, Niall, Harry, and Zayn," he says, pointing them all out.

"So, what's your name?" he asks.

"None of your concern," I say.

"It sort of is. If we're going to ado-," Niall starts saying.

I cut him off. "I don't want to be adopted. Especially not by you five idiots. I'd rather be all alone in my room reading Suzanne Collins," I say with a chuckle.

"We do already know your name. We just wanted to hear it from you," says Harry.

"Well, can we be done here? This is annoying and stupid. I don't want to be adopted. I'm just fine here. I'm better alone then with anyone," I say.

"Well, what do you do for fun, Cam?" asks Louis, ignoring my last remark.

"Only my friends can call me Cam. You're not on that list," I say.

"Someone's sassy," says Liam.

"That's because I n-. Never mind. I'm not telling some strangers the story of my life," I say.

"By any chance, are you a fan?" asks Louis.

"A fan of what?" I ask.

"Of One Direction, of course!" says Louis.

"What direction? Down?" I ask, chuckling.

"I'm hurt," says Niall.

"Why's that?" I ask.

"One Direction, our band? Famous boyband? Ring a bell?" asks Harry.

"Not really," I say.

"You poor, deprived child!" says Louis.

"Well, while you're all having your little breakdowns, I'm going to my room. Bye," I say.

I get up and walk out. I sit on my bed. If they want to adopt me, it'll take a good 15 minutes with all the papers. I grab my little bag under my bed. It consists of my locket, a small picture, my journal, my sketch pad, a pencil case, and money. Before I was put in this hell hole, I was saving money. I managed to save $2,500. That's a story. I also may of stole from my dad, but that's another story.

I shut my door, locking it. I opened the window. It wasn't a far fall. Should I run? I could. Easily make it a few miles. Go to the train station. I get snapped out if my thoughts. Someone's knocking on the door.

"Cam? Can I come in?" I hear Miss June ask. I open the door. She sees the bag on my bed. "Don't look through that. It only brings up bad memories. But, I've got good news. Those boys loved you. They're going to adopt you," she says.

"Miss June, if I heard you right, what are you on? I need some," I say.

"Pack up dear," she says with a smile.

I do as I'm told. I put all my important belongings into a small suitcase I have. I walk downstairs to be greeted by Miss June and five smiling faces behind her.

'Oh boy,' is what I think.