🔺 Chapter 5🔻

Chapter 5

Unedited

"Osas Osas!" The man at seat no. 8 hailed after the driver got back on the road. "You na one man army oh!" He continued and she withheld her laughter and he turned back, "You know say if you join Nigeria army, your mess to be weapon" he joked and everyone in the bus laughed.

"I no warn una?" She asked and the driver laughed.  "My mess get integrity and respect"

"Your mess don definitely earn my respect"

"Your belle dirty bad!" The guy in front of her said and she scoffed, "You wey don dey use silent mess kill me since we start this journey. No open that mouth talk before I enter you!" She snapped and he kept quiet.

Osaze stuck a earpiece in his ears listening to folk Bini songs, he glanced at Osas then back at his phone which was plugged in to a power bank. Osas was beginning to feel uncomfortable with his frequent glances, she knew he had something to say.

She hasn't stopped feeling embarrassed even if she knew she won't meet him again. He glanced at her again and this time she took out one of the ear piece out of his ears.

  "If you get anything to talk, talk. No dey look me like say I shit for body"

Osaze gazed at her without saying anything, "It's just mess, abi wetin dem call am for English? Pollution" "Fart" "Yes. The fact still remains," "What fact?" "That farts don't have toilet. I no know why I dey even explain myself to you. I no just dey comfortable with your look and as you keep quiet" she said then he cleared his throat and she waited for him to speak.

"No dey clear throat if you no get anything to talk. So.... Mr Lawyer,
If farting is a crime abi criminal offense, how many years you go jail me?" She asked, this provoked a laughter from him.

"For this havoc you just created? Maybe ten years"

Osas chuckled, moving her face closer to him  "Have mercy my Lord, ten years for wetin? Who I kill?" She laughed and he turned towards her, he wasn't comfortable with their lips close to each other.

He cleared his throat chuckling,
"Did you see the way everyone left the bus so they can breathe fresh air. You took their breath away literally!"

Osas laughed. "I'm just surprise you're not ashame" "Me way get shame no too shame, you way no get shame, con dey carry person shame for face. No be say I go meet you again, abi?" She replied and Osaze unconsciously felt disappointed.

He just didn't understand why.

They were already at Sagamu, in an hour or more, they'll be Lagos and will be going their separate ways. It's a normal thing Osaze, why are you bothered? He asked within.

"Argh!" Helen yelled and everyone in the bus became alarmed. It's only normal to assume when a pregnant woman shouts in pain, she's definitely in labor.

"Madam are you okay?"

"Yes. Don't be scared, I'm not due till two weeks! Argh! Jesus!" She screamed and Osas rose up carrying her handbag then she made her way through the little gap and bags already stacked on the floor of the bus while staggering as the result of the motion of the bag.

"Helen, you dey okay?" She asked and she shrugged, "I don't know, I feel okay but I'm not okay. My waist, argh!" She groaned, "I'm having contractions but I'm not due yet"

"Driver abeg stop" Osas' begged and he quickly made a stop in a filling station.

"Excuse me" she said to the man close to Helen and he arced his brow at him.  "You be nurse?" "You want make I test am on top you?" She asked and he moved away.