🔺 Chapter 14🔻

Vote 🌟 before reading, very important 😂.

Thank you

Chapter 14

Unedited

Osas inhaled and exhaled about three times, she didn't exactly know the right response to give. "What if you come shame for me?" She asked and Goriola disagreed, "You don't have to  worry about that, I'll get you good clothes, the perfect hair..."

"No. Sorry, I don't think I can go with you" she answered and he shook his head at how unbelievably sturbborn she can be! 

"Just tell me you'll think of it" he held her hands and she shrugged then he kissed the hands. "I'm not promising. Wetin dey make you happy?"

"Cause I know you'll definitely think of it" he replied and she pushed the door open, now leaving the office with him but Madam Davina called her back.

"Madam, I hope no problem?"

"No. I couldn't help but listen to your conversation with Mr Goriola. Are you stupid or you're just dumb?" She asked and Osas wondered why she asked such a question.

"Madam, I no understand" her raced in fear, "Wetin I do?" "You find a man who likes you, a wealthy man who can change your miserable life forever and you say no to him. Are you stupid or you're just dumb?"

Osas shrugged, "None of the above" she answered, "Na my choice" "When has life ever given anyone a choice?" "There's always a choice, a choice to do good and one thing way I learn from my make na to do good for this life because he pay. Even if life throw shit for my face, nothing go make me do asewo because of say I want make an big, nothing go make me follow man way I no love because say I want fast cash. No be that one carry me come Lagos, I want better life the legit way, and I want fall in love too, marry person way in like, whether e take me ten years or more, i no care!" She snapped in tears, "And if you think what I'm said is, stupid and dumb, yes Ma'am,  I'd rather be stupid and dumb"  she stated firmly and Madam Davina admired her determination for a while then she scoffed wondering how long she's going to hold such zeal. How long till Lagos breaks every good bone in her?

"I had the same ideology when I was brought to Lagos. I was separated from my sister to live with one of my distant Aunt. Lagos changes your perspective, it changed mine"

"My destiny and your destiny no be same. I no wetin you dey think, make I see now, make I see how long she go fit dey do strong head but I bet with you, I no go follow man way I no like because of money. Even if I wan follow Gorriola, e go be because say I come fall for am, no be because of him get money. I fit go now?" She asked and Madam Davina nodded.

"Thank you" she answered leaving then the thunder struck.

George sat in his wheelchair in his study room going through a novel when he heard a knock on his door and Esther walked in. "Honey good evening" she greeted, "Are you coming down to have dinner?"

"No. I already eat something"

"Have you taken your drugs?"

"I don't need them"

"Honey, you're not feeling fine"

"How do you know I'm not feeling fine?" He asked and she looked away, "The seizure you had" "Na you get my body? I say u dey fine, Esther, no carry your own disturb me abeg!" He snapped and she scoffed.

"You don't start that rubbish again shey?"

"What rubbish? That seizure was the best thing that ever happened to me. Esther I'm okay, I have never ever been more okay in my life."  "Why are angry all of the sudden"