🔺 Chapter 12🔻

Chapter 12

Unedited

Osaze stared at his phone in contempt. He couldn't believe his Mom cajoled him into doing what he didn't want to do with that stupid threat again! The sound of Eniola's happy shriek after he had passed the information to her echoed several times in his ears then he slowly buried his face in his palm letting out a frustrated groan.

Is it worth it Osaze? He thought to himself, just damn the consequences and call off the damn retreat! He added then he heard his phone ring.

He turned his head to check the caller ID, it was his Mom, probably calling him to gloat! He scoffed ending the call then he put a call through to Vera.

"Hey Osaze"

"Hey" he replied, Vera could sense the sadness in his tone. Anyone could! "Are you okay?" She asked, "Yes" h raised both his brow in response to this and Vera scoffed.

"You don't sound okay"

"Where's your husband?"

"I have cravings for avocado pear. The man is probably driving along the road in search for it" She replied laughing. "So what's up with you now? I know you're not fine so don't even start lying. What's up?"

Osaze exhaled and she scoffed, "It's Mom right? What did she do?" "Eniola's mom thought Enny and I needed a break. Like a couples retreat among friends and I declined"

"Good"

"Mom called out of the blues"

"Tell me you stood your ground"

Osaze shook his head, "She threatened me Vera, I couldn't" he answered and she scoffed, "What? She ..... Wait she used that same crap on you?" "This is the third time this year, she's using that crap on me"

Vera groaned, "Osaze.... You can't keep on doing this" "I don't want to move, I moved out of my own house because of her, I don't want to move yet" "I think you have to start looking for an agent. She's going to keep using this crap on you!"

"Appears so. That aside, I found Osarieme"

"Osas?"

"Yeah"

"Where?" "Right at the door step of the foundation, she's working as a cleaner"

Vera scoffed, "And you're making that happen why?" "I wasn't the one who offered her a job. Besides, I don't think she has any certificate" "She can be a secretary"

Osaze exhaled, "She can't speak in English" he answered, "It's beyond my power" "You can make her speak in English" "How?" Osaze askedand Vera shrugged, "I don't know, you can think of ways to help her"

"Why?"

"Because it's what you do Osaze, you help people, and don't think for a second that she's just there based on coincidence. I mean of all business organization, she managed to end up in yours? All of busses in the park, you managed to be seated close to her"

"What's your point Vera?"

Vera exhaled, "My point is, maybe God brought her to you so you can help her out. Don't misuse the opportunity" "I acted like a complete jerk to her yesterday. I spewed the whole rules and regulations and I felt bad for the first time and I don't know why?"

"Because they're stupid."

Osaze groaned, "You know I'm right. You should apologize" "I can't, she's an employee and you know I hold certain rules, apologizing to an employee about something she did wrong will only encourage her the more."