An Unwelcome Guest

Everyone took a step back as the glowing eyes grew closer. Slowly, a young man emerged from the shadows. He had long, dark, shoulder length hair with a white streak down the left side, tan skin, and as the glow faded from his eyes they became a piercing brown.

"He's a werewolf

"He's a werewolf." Addison realized, studying him curiously. "But who are you?"

"He's a Lupus. I can smell the stench from here." Willa growled. "You have some nerve waltzing into our territory."

The young man's eyes flashed yellow. "My name is Walker, and I didn't come here for a fight. I came alone, to talk."

Willa laughed. "That's funny. You? Want to talk? What makes you think we want to listen to the words of a traitor?"

"Traitor?" Addison echoed. "What are you talking about?"

Willa gave her a warning glare and Wyatt grabbed Addison's wrist, pulling her back. "Addy, I know you want to help, but this isn't the time."

"But he hasn't done anything!" Addison hissed. "She's not even allowing him to explain why he's here!"

Wyatt sighed. "There's reason for that, just trust me."

Addison crossed her arms but held her tongue as she watched Willa stare down the young man. Her eyes were glowing brightly and a growl was rumbling in her throat. Walker stared back at her just as fiercely.

"I am no traitor." Walker growled. "You are blinded by the past."

"I see things as they are." Willa snarled. "Now leave Lupus, I won't say it again."

"Fine." Walker spat, the glow fading from his eyes. "I should have known coming here would be a mistake."

They all watched as the young man turned on his heel and vanished into the woods. Everyone stood in silence, unsure of how to approach the situation at hand.

"Alright," Addison snapped. "Will someone please explain what is going on and who that lone wolf was?"

"He's not welcome here." Willa growled. "That's what he is."

"Willa, eat a marshmallow and chill out." Wyatt sighed. "Everyone else, I think it's time for another campfire story. Except this one will be fact, not fake."

Everyone gathered around the fire and watched Wyatt expectantly but Willa hung back. Realizing she wasn't going to join, Wyatt sighed and turned to the others. "Us wolves already know this story. It takes place long ago, before our moonstone was stolen. Our ancestors stood as one united pack, everyone working together to provide and protect. During this time, the pack had not one, but two moonstone crystals. Its said that when the first moonstone crashed to earth, it split in two, creating two separate moonstones. The pack cherished the moonstones and everyone was happy, except for one person, Walter Lupus. He was tired of being stuck in one place. He tried to convince the Alpha, Wallace Lykensen, to have the pack migrate at the change of each season, but he refused. Alpha Wallace believed it was safer and easier if the pack remained at one den. Walter Lupus was angry that Alpha Wallace couldn't see his vision for the pack, so he took a different approach. He began sharing his vision with members of the pack and after a while, he gained many followers. Knowing that he couldn't convince Alpha Wallace to change his mind, Walter Lupus gathered his followers in the middle of the night, stole one of the two moonstone crystals, and vanished into the night, creating his own pack."

"So the founder of the Lupus Pack stole one of the original crystals?" Addison replied in surprise. "I can understand how that's upsetting, but starting his own pack doesn't sound so bad."

"That's cause Wyatt didn't finish the story." Willa cut in.

Addison jumped, not realizing Willa had come to stand behind her. "O-Oh. Then how does it end?"

Wyatt sighed. "Years later when the Seabrooke settlers stole our moonstone, Alpha Willow, our great grandmother, went to the Lupus pack to ask for help. She asked them to rejoin us so we could share their moonstone's power. They laughed at her. They asked why they should share their moonstone with a pack that was too weak to even protect their own. Alpha Willow went back to the den to ask some other wolves to help her plead their case, but by the time they returned to the Lupus Pack's den, they were gone. They turned their backs on us when we needed them most. They left us to die. If they had helped us, we wouldn't have ended up in the situation you guys found us in five years ago."

"That's why you called him a traitor." Addison realized, turning to Willa. "Their pack betrayed yours when you needed them most."

Willa nodded. "That's why you can never trust a Lupus."

Addison tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I know his pack did wrong by you in the past, but maybe you should have given him a chance to explain why he was here. He had to have a reason."

"Not a good one I'm sure." Willa huffed. "Just forget him Addison."

"But Willa--"

"I said forget him Addison!" Willa snapped angrily.

Wyatt grabbed Willa and pulled her back. "Woah, alright that's enough. I think we've all had a little too much excitement. Maybe we should head home and get some sleep."

"Fine." Willa replied, shrugging him off before storming into the woods.

Wyatt watched her go as Wynter walked over and patted his shoulder. "She'll cool off, don't worry."

Wyatt sighed. "I hope so."

Author's Note

I got it done before 1! Hooray!   -Meloetta246