Lost

"What do you mean he's gone!?" Willa snapped, her moonstone beginning to pulse with light.

Winnie ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "When we woke up this morning he and Wren were gone." She reached in her pocket, retrieving a crumpled piece of paper and handing it to Willa. "All he left was this note saying that we were safer here with your pack and not to come looking for them, that they would return when they could."

Willa read over the note, a growl rumbling in her throat as she crumpled it up and tossed it in the nearby fire. "He's a Lupus, I knew we couldn't trust him. When they're needed most they run."

"Hey!" Will snapped, standing up. "We're still here. Walker wouldn't have left us behind if not for a good reason."

Winnie nodded, joining him. "He's right. Walker may be a Lupus, but he is the most trustworthy wolf I know. If I know Walker, this is him doing what he always does, putting the pack before himself. That's what makes him a strong Alpha."

Willa opened her mouth to argue but Wyatt placed a hand on her shoulder, signaling her to fall back as he stepped forward. "What about Wren? If he left to protect the pack why would he take his sister with him and risk putting her in danger?"

"All we know is what he wrote in that letter, I swear." Winnie promised them. "Believe me, We want answers as much as you do."

Willa took a breath, calming herself. "What about Wade? I don't see him anywhere."

Will rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he met Willa's gaze. "Well, you know how the note said not to go looking for them? Wade went after them away. At least I assume that's where he went. The dude doesn't talk unless he wants to."

"Great." Willa sighed. "So we have three rogue wolves and no idea where they are or where they might be going."

"Why do care anyway?" Winnie asked, crossing her arms. "You've made it clear that you don't like us."

"Because Walker's blood could cure the illness that killed your pack." Addison blurted out.

Winnie was taken aback by her words. "W-What?"

"Walker's blood could cure the illness that killed your pack." Addison repeated. "I had a dream last night and Wajiha, the first Great Alpha spoke to me. She said your Alpha's blood is the key, that's Walker."

"Why would we need a cure if we're not sick?" Will asked.

Winnie smacked the back of his head. "For if we do get sick knucklehead."

Addison nodded. "Exactly. That's why we need to find Walker."

"We'll have to track them." Wyatt replied. "If they left early this morning the trail should still be fresh."

"Good idea." Willa nodded. "We'll all split into groups. Wyatt, Wynter, Winnie, Will, and I will take lead since we all have tracking experience. We can all choose who we want to take with us. Sound good ev- Where's Wynter?"

Bonzo and Zed pointed to the woods as Bree spoke. "She headed off in the woods after hearing Walker had taken off."

Willa groaned. "Great, now we have four rogue wolves out there. Why didn't any of you say something?"

Zed shrugged. "We didn't think it was a big deal. You guys live here."

"Za (Yeah)." Bonzo nodded in agreement.

"Well, now we have to go find them." Willa sighed, turning towards the woods. "Come on."

Wyatt grabbed her arm. "Willa, wait. Maybe we shouldn't go after them."

"What are you talking about?" Willa asked, pulling her arm away. "Wynter is our friend, Wade could need help, and we need Walker if we're going to create the cure before the pack starts getting sick. How can we not go after them?"

"All I'm saying is maybe we should wait." Wyatt explained. "Wade is Walker's friend and Walker went after Wynter when you upset her and the two seem to get along well. Maybe we should let the two of them find Walker. They may have more luck convincing him than us."

Willa sighed. "I hate it when you're right. Fine, we'll wait. But if they haven't returned by nightfall we're going after them ourselves."

"Deal." Wyatt nodded before turning to Winnie and Will. "Is that okay with the two of you?"

Will gave Winnie a quick nod and she nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's fine. I trust Wade to know what he's doing, so as long as you trust your girl, we're good."

"I trust Wynter completely." Willa stated firmly. "She'll bring them back."

Author's Note

Whelp, here it is. I would have posted yesterday if Wattpad would have let me post. Hopefully I have solved the issues, so enjoy guys!
-Meloett246