Roomies

Wyatt tossed his dirty clothes in the hamper before exiting the bathroom and making a beeline for the living room. He saw Eliza working on her laptop and kept his movements quiet as he snuck closer.

Wyatt crawled along the couch until he reached Eliza's side. He then laid down with his head against her hip as he looked up at her.

Wyatt couldn't help but smile when he noticed Eliza staring intently at her screen as she bit her lip while working on her laptop. Her focused face was one of her cutest faces in his opinion.

After a couple minutes Eliza sat the laptop aside and began running her fingers through his damp hair. Wyatt closed his eyes as he relaxed at her touch and a contented smile pulled at his lips.

"How was practice?" Eliza asked.

"Exhausting." Wyatt sighed, leaning further into her touch. "I love football, but all these practices and conditioning is killing me."

Eliza chuckled as she leaned down and kissed his forehead. Wyatt smiled at the gesture and sighed contently.

'I bet you were amazing." Eliza replied.

"Thanks." Wyatt replied. "So when are you leaving for your internship?"

Eliza glanced up at the clock and sighed. "10 minutes."

Wyatt nodded solemnly. "I'll be glad when the semester is over. We'll have more time together."

"I know Wolfie." Eliza replied. "But we'll have the bonfire this weekend."

Wyatt smiled. "Oh yeah. I can't wait to have a little fun."

The bonfire was the biggest event at the werewolf den. Once a month the wolves had a big fire and partied around it. They'd tell stories, eat s'mores, play games, and even dance.

Since the werewolves officially joined Seabrooke, the bonfires had been opened up for humans and zombies to join in on the fun.  For those in college, its become a time to unwind and spend time with family and friends they don't normally see or get to spend time with on a daily basis.

"Me too." Eliza agreed, packing her laptop into its case. "But right now I really have to get going."

Wyatt nodded, moving so she could get up from the couch. Eliza stood up and gathered her things before pressing a kiss to his lips.

"So, see you later tonight?" Eliza asked.

Wyatt smiled. "I'll be waiting."

Eliza nodded before walking out of the house. Wyatt sighed and leaned back on the couch. He missed all the free time they used to have. These days with football practice and conditioning, he was lucky if he could stay awake long enough to see Eliza come home at night.

But then again, it made it even sweeter to wake up to her curled up beside him in the bed fast asleep. He loved snuggling back down under the blankets and curling himself around her as he held her close.

Wyatt was snapped from his thoughts when the couch suddenly shook. He looked over and and saw Zed had plopped down on the couch beside him.

"Hey man." Wyatt greeted. "What's up?"

Zed shrugged. "Not much, just waiting for Addison to get out of the shower. Did you get to see Eliza before she left?"

"Yeah." Wyatt nodded. "But only for a few minutes. You know her internship takes up most of her time these days, like football does for us."

"I know man, between practice and homework Addison and I rarely get time to ourselves to just relax and be together." Zed admitted. "Sometimes we just collapse in bed together and pass out before we can even talk about our days."