More Than Meets The Eye

Hey Brother, do you still believe in one another?
Hey Sister, do you still believe in love I wonder?
Ooooh if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do
                      -Avicii

Ziva (Just a picture of a person with green hair I found on Pinterest that I liked for her face claim.)

(Reminder: Italitics stand for words spoken in sign language

(Reminder: Italitics stand for words spoken in sign language.)

"Zed?" Addison questioned. "Why did you stop? What did she say?"

Zed looked at Ziva. "Are you sure that was what he said? That that's the name?"

Ziva's face turned serious. "I'm positive. Tell them Z, they need to know."

Zed nodded and turned to face the group. "Wade. He named his son Wade."

All eyes turned to Wade who was standing off to the side. His head was hung in shame and he refused to meet their gaze as they stared at him in disbelief.

Addison's mind wandered back to the vision the Great Alphas' had given her.

(Bold Italics represent flashbacks)

"Wade?" Addison called to him softly.

Wade's head shot up and Addison jumped back in surprise, none of them had reacted to her before.

"I can't lose them!" Wade shouted as he jumped to his feet. His eyes were glowing yellow and without warning he lunged.

I can't lose them. The words echoed in her mind like a broken record and now it made sense. Walker and Wren were more than his pack mates, they were his family. The only family he had left. Of course he wouldn't want to lose them. But that would mean....

"Did you know?" Addison asked. "Wade, did you know Walker and Wren were were your siblings?"

Wade swallowed slowly and nodded, still averting his gaze. He had known, for years he'd known.

"You knew?" Willa's voice was dangerously low as she approached him. "You knew and you said nothing! How could you!? Wolves are sick and dying! Wren, your sister, is sick and dying! You knew we were searching for Alpha Wallace's other child yet you stayed silent and forced us to go through all of this just to find out the one person we needed has been hiding right in plain sight! How could you!?"

Wade's head snapped up, his eyes filled with hurt, remorse, and anger. "Because I was hoping it wasn't me!"

Willa took a step back, surprised by Wade's shout as the others looked on with wide eyes. None of them had ever heard the quiet wolf speak so boldly.

"I didn't want it to be me." Wade reiterated, his voice breaking and softening with every word. "Admitting it would mean facing the truth. It would mean admitting to my best friend that his father was a selfish and unfaithful husband and that I'm the mistake that resulted from it. It means admitting I'm his brother. Walker and Wren are the only blood family I have. I don't want them to hate me. I-I don't want to lose them too."