The Start of Something New (Epilogue)

I can hardly believe it has been just a few weeks since illness struck the wolf pack, causing a major scare. Thankfully things are now back to normal, which allowed us all to dive into the holidays.

Bonzo, the most excited of us all, made sure the house was decorated from top to bottom. Meanwhile, the girls and I took turns guarding the presents under the tree, having learned very quickly our first christmas together that Wyatt and Zed prefer to scope out their presents early rather than wait until Christmas day.

When Christmas did come, it was a day of merriment and cheer for all of us. Presents were opened and I ensured that their day was filled with christmas movies, games, and food for all.

We even got a good laugh when Walker and Wade tricked Winnie and Will into standing together under the mistletoe. The boys had been expecting the two werewolves to freak out, but their plan backfired when Will happily leaned down and planted one on Winnie who reciprocated, leading to our discovery of the two's lowkey relationship.

Not to mention that after some coaxing, we convinced Walker, Wade, Will, and Winnie to attend Seabrooke University with us in the spring while Wren will join Zoey and Wanda in Seabrooke High's freshman class.

Now it's New Year's Eve and everyone is going to Bucky's for a super fun New Year's party. Well, almost everyone. Zed and I stayed back. We've gone to Bucky's every year for New Year's Eve and when Zed told me he wanted to change things up, I happily agreed. Bucky's parties are amazing, but it'll be nice to spend it together just the two of us. If only I knew where Zed was....

Anyway, can't wait to tell you all about it tomorrow dear diary.
-Addison

Addison closed her diary and tucked it away in her nightstand just as the door opened.

"Hey Zed."

"Hey Addy." Zed smiled. "Enjoying our quiet evening?"

Addison sighed. "I would be, if you hadn't been gone for most of it. Where have you been? I thought this was supposed to be our night together? It's 11:30, the night is nearly over."

"I know." Zed admitted. "But I promise, if you put on your coat and come with me now, it will all be worth it."

Addison eyed him suspiciously but made her way off the bed despite it. "Fine."

Zed frowned as she walked past him without a glance and headed downstairs. He quickly raced after her, hopping down the stairs two at a time until he reached the bottom. "Addy please, just look at me a moment."

Addison turned around to face him, arms crossed. "What?"

Zed moved forward, placing his hands on her arms and letting them slowly trail down until he was able to take her hands in his. "Look, I'm sorry. I know I've ruined our night, but I promise that the surprise I have waiting for you is worth all the waiting you've done."

Addison stared at their intertwined hands and sighed. "Alright."

Zed smiled and kissed her forehead before going to grab their coats. The two bundled up tight then headed out to Zed's jeep.

Addison stared out the window, lost in her own thoughts as Zed drove them to their destination. She had been so excited to spend New Year's eve with him, but now it was almost midnight and all they had done was go for a ride in his car. This was not the night she had expected.