Secret Sibling

Everyone was silent as Walker's words sunk in. No one knew what to think. Could it be true? Was there really another who unknowingly had the right to the title of Alpha?

Winnie shook her head, running her fingers through her hair as she began to pace the room. "No, this can't be right. Walker, you've been raised to be the next Alpha since birth. That claim has always been yours. You and Wren are Alpha Wallace's only children. The Elders would have known if the Alpha had another child. They would have made sure the tradition was followed. It can't be true."

Walker slumped into his chair, holding his head in his hands. "I don't want to believe it, but it's the only explanation that makes sense. A secret in a past of lies? An unknown bond? A secret sibling fits that profile. I just don't understand why my parent's wouldn't have told me."

Eliza spoke up, bouncing Zeke in her arms. "Maybe you're not the only one who didn't know."

"What do you mean?" Walker asked. "How could they not know?"

Eliza shifted Zeke so he was sitting on her other hip. "Dr. Andrews said that they need someone who is half wolf, half human. And you said that in your pack, the Alpha title is passed from father to son, right? So for that to happen...."

"My father would've had to cheat on my mother, with a human." Walker finished, realization and anguish filling his eyes. "He would have known the truth, and he let it die with him."

Walker buried his head in his hands, trying to hide the flurry emotions that were flashing across his face. Wynter moved to his side and gently rubbed his back, watching him with concern as a thought came to her.

"Maybe your father didn't know either." Wynter reasoned, her voice soft.

Walker looked up at her, his face scrunched in confusion. "How could he not know?"

Wynter looked at her friends, then back at Walker. "What if he did have an affair, but it was only a one night stand? What if he only met this woman once, and then never saw her again? She could have had a child and he would have never known."

Wyatt sighed. "That's a good thought Wynter, but highly unlikely."

"Why is that?" Wynter asked.

Wyatt rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Well, uh, from experience, we male wolves can pick up pretty easily when a female is um....well, ready or not. I-I'm pretty sure he would have known."

Addison snorted, stifling a laugh as Wyatt hid his face in embarrassment from his confession, though she could still make out the red blooming in his cheeks.

Next to him, Eliza had turned away, keeping her attention on little Zeke as her own cheeks reddened. She hadn't known Wyatt could sense that.

Will cleared his throat, refocusing everyone's attention on him. "Wyatt does have point, Alpha Wallace would have had to know, or at least suspected the possibility."

Wynter frowned. "Oh."

Walker looked up at her and forced a smile. "Thanks for trying, but there's no way to defend him."

Zed leaned back against the door frame. "Well what now? How are we supposed to find someone that no one knew existed?"

The room went silent as everyone either shook their heads or shrugged their shoulders. No one knew what to do. They didn't even know who they were looking for.

Addison reached up and began to rub her moonstone between her fingers. It was habit she had developed that helped her calm down whenever she was feeling anxious or uncertain.

"Maybe we should go back to the den?" Addison suggested. "Maybe Alpha Wylda could help."

"How?" Winnie asked bitterly. "Alpha Wylda knows little about our pack. I doubt she'd have any useful information."

"You're right, she probably doesn't know much about your pack." Addison admitted. "But she may know a way that we can get the information we need."

Winnie sighed. "Fine. You think it's worth trying, go ahead. I'm staying here."

"Me too." Will nodded.

Walker looked up at them. "Guys, you really don't have to."

Winnie placed a hand on his shoulder. "We want to be here for you and Wren. We're family, that means no one gets left behind."

"Except for Wade." Walker joked.

Will chuckled and Winnie smiled, rolling her eyes. "He chose to hang back, but Wade knows he can join us when he's ready."

Walker glanced at Wynter. "Will you stay too?"

Wynter nodded and smiled. "Of course."

"Alrighty then." Wyatt said, glancing around at the rest of the group. "So who is coming back to the wolf den?"

Addison and Zed raised their hands but Eliza, Bree, and Bonzo did not.

"Eliza, you're not coming?" Wyatt questioned.

Eliza shook her head. "No, I'm going to stay here and do some research on my laptop. If we're looking for someone half-human, they may have a birth record on file."

Bree nodded. "And while Eliza does her research and Dr. Andrews and Dr. Hazel continue taking care of Wren, Bonzo and I are going to watch little Zeke."

"Za (Yeah)." Bonzo agreed, tickling Zeke's tummy, causing him to burst into a fit of giggles.

"Alright then, call us if you find anything and we'll do the same." Wyatt told Eliza, reaching over to kiss her forehead.

"Will do." Eliza smiled.

Author's Note

I just want to take a moment to shout a few people.

First I want to shout out PilarMego ShinyLanna and calebsleftshoe for their wonderful comments on my Zombies Fanfics! Thank you so much for all the kind words and funny comments.

Secondly I want to shout out Jaysym16 Firouz1234 and user62349232 for standing up to a not so nice reader and defending my story, myself, and my co-writer  JacobLitsinberger on my Descendants Son of Dracula series. You all could have looked past the mean comments that person left but you didn't and I thank you for that. I don't expect people to love all of my work and I don't expect strangers to defend it, but it means alot to know there are people on Wattpad who will speak up and call out someone who is in the wrong and I appreciate that.

I hope all of you have an awesome day and enjoy the chapter. And remember, if you see something, say something. You might just make someone's day by letting them know you care.

               -Meloetta246