Brothers

Wade stopped just out of view of Wren's doorway to compose himself. He couldn't let Walker's anger scare him off. He was going to see his sister, no matter what.

Taking a deep breath, Wade turned the corner and stepped into the room. He braced himself to face Walker's wrath but was met by a younger, more excited voice.

"Wade!" Wren smiled. "You cane back! I was worried Walker wouldn't be able to fix the mess he made."

Wade stared at her in confusion. "I haven't talked to Walker. I thought he was here."

Wren shook her head. "No, he went to the den to find you. You didn't see him?"

"No." Wade admitted. "We must have passed eachother in the forest without realizing."

"Oh." Wren replied before smiling. "Well I'm glad you're here."

"Me too." Wade replied before turning to face Winnie and Will. "Could you guys give us a moment alone please? Wren and I need to talk."

Winnie nodded, grabbing Will's hand. "Of course. We'll be right outside if you need us."

Winnie and Will left the room, the door closing behind them with a soft click.

The room grew silent and Wade took a deep breath as he sat down on the edge of Wren's bed. "So, I----"

Wren threw her arms around him, cutting him off as she hugged him tightly. "I'm glad it was you. I'm happy you're our brother."

Wade froze. "Y-You know?"

Wren pulled away, nodding. "Walker told me everything before he left to find you."

Wade stared at her with wide eyes. "He did? I figured he wouldn't tell you because he was mad at me."

Wren rolled her eyes. "Walker wasn't mad at you Wade. He was angry at dad for putting us all in this awkward position and he ended up taking that anger out on you. That's why Walker went to find you, to apologize."

"That's exactly why I kept it a secret." Wade sighed. "I knew the truth would hit us all hard. I never wanted to hurt you guys."

"I know that, and Walker does too." Wren replied. "But some secrets can't be kept forever. What matters is that we have eachother."

Wade smiled. "That's true."

Wren chuckled and held out her arms. "Hug?"

"A hug from my sister? What kind of brother would I be if I passed that up?" Wade joked, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"Wade!" Wren squealed. "You're squishing me!"

Wade laughed and Wren continued to squeal until they heard someone clear their throat. Both of them turned and saw Walker standing in the doorway.

Walker took a few steps inside. "Looks like you two are having fun."

Wade released his hold on Wren and stood up. "I just came to see how she was doing and to make sure she knew the truth. I wasn't sure you'd tell her."

"I wasn't going to." Walker admitted. "But Winnie and Will convinced me that their was no use in hiding the truth. She would find out one way or another."

Wade fidgeted and shifted nervously from foot to foot. "They weren't wrong. So, what happens now?"

"Well," Walker took a deep breath. "I guess this is where I admit I'm an idiot for taking my anger out on you and that I'm sorry. We've been best friends since we could walk. I should know better than to think you would lie to me without a good reason."