𝟎𝟑| 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒅

____________________

'fuck you anyway'

____________________

[y/n pov]

It's been a week since the defense against the dark arts lesson, the rumor that I wasn't afraid of anything spread quickly.

But it's a lie. I'm scared of the fact that nothing triggers the feeling of fear. I'm terrified that the fight, flight, or freeze means nothing to me. I've never had that feeling of intense fear when watching a scary movie, or when I'm standing alone in the dark, or when I see a spider. And thats my biggest fear.

I've been hanging out with Malfoy and Pansy when I'm not with Hermione. Malfoy enjoys calling me mudblood. Still don't know what that means. I only let him tag along because Pansy is hopelessly in love with him. Nah I'm kidding Pansy is lesbian and Draco is her best friend so he comes along I guess.

"Hey mudblood!" I heard Draco call from behind me.

"Still don't know what that means- but Pansy isn't here she's in the library." I said going back to my studying.

"So Pansy has to be around to say hi to mudbloods now?"

"No Pansy is the only one keeping me from hexing your fingers off. Bye now." I quickly got up and left him behind. The rage that fills me when I see his face is unexplainable. Like he's got such a punchable face.

When I finally got to where the class was taking place Hagrid already had something behind a tree. "Ta daaa!" Hagrid cheered again pulling buckbeak out. He's from the lesson I interrupted.

"Now Harry you were 'bout to ride him, still wanna?" Hagrid asked, his voice raspy.

"Yes Professor." Harry nodded and quickly looked at me before snapping his head back to Hagrid.

"Good- miss delcroix why don't ya join. Since yer new an' all." Hagrid exclaimed.

"I'm good over here thanks though." I smiled politely.

"A'right!" Hagrid turned back to Harry and signaled buckbeak to take off.

Harry was gone for about five minutes. Best five minutes of my life.

"He's not really a git. He just doesn't know how to do a sarcastic voice." Ron nudged me while I looked at my nails.

"Mhm." I nodded looking around the forest.

"You should give him another chance." Twizzler suggested.

"Why..?" I furrowed my brows.

"Because he feels really bad."

"I don't."

"Come on he's been moping around all week!"

"That's kinda of pathetic. But I find it funny so sure. But only if he gets it."

"Gets what?" Ron asked confused.

"You'll see." I shrugged as Potter landed.

"Psst potty come here." I said loudly. Harry dragged his feet on the way in.

"Y/n I just want to say I'm sor-"

"Shut up." I interrupted him. "Bring the beet/beat in."

"Anything for you Beyoncé." Harry said dramatically.

" I saw you hanging out with Kaitlin yesterday.."
I started.

"Rebecca it isn't what you think!" Harry shook his head quickly.

"I WON'T HESITATE BITCH!" I shouted causing a few people to look at me like 'da fuq'.

"I accept your apology I guess." I sighed.

"I'm just that irresistible." Harry smirked.

"Please stop." I cringed.

"Ah you're not dangerous at all are you? You great ugly brute." Draco walked up to buckbeak.

"Malfoy no!" Hagrid warned but Draco kept going.

The creature showed its dominance and slashed Draco's arm. What a shame..

"Go wash it off in the lake you'll be fine." I rolled my eyes looking at his cut.

"Oh mudblood...it's killed meh! It's killed meh!" Draco whined.

"That's kind of what I was hoping." I uttered crushing a leaf with my foot.

"So you're just letting him call you mudblood?" Hermione asked, was it an issue..?

"Uh is there something wrong with being a mudblood?" I was kind of confused.

"Well no but the word is offensive." Hermione explained and I nodded. So he is a dick- just like I predicted.

"Get up you absolute child."

"Hagrid he must be taken to the hospital!" Hermione exclaimed.

"He's literally fine..." I looked around at everyone's concerned faces.

Hagrid carried Draco off and I walked back to the castle with the trio.
____________________

It's been about a week and a half and the odd thing is Harry and I have become friends. Even though he's still a sassy twat. At first I thought he was absolutely annoying and I wished the giant squid would eat him. But, he managed to grow on me.

"Y/NNNN IM HUNGRYYYY!" Harry called from the common room.

"Then eat-? What's that got to do with me?"

"COME DOWN WE'RE ABOUT TO LEAVE!" Harry dragged his words out.

"THEN LEAVE." Peace out.

"Fine don't complain when you're hungry then." Harry sassed. He's like one of those bratty little girls on toddlers and tiaras sometimes I swear.

_____________________

january 15th, 2021

word count- 1167

-r