22| back to normal.

holy shit it's been three years. Also I was 13 when I began writing this and now writing this is awk being 17 now writing about 13 year olds so they are 17 now!! You will still get lots of them in school and together so don't worry but still I need them to be older so I don't feel weird writing about this.

————

Last week Harry and Ron went to visit Hagrid inquiring about Buckbeaks case. Hagrid couldn't keep a secret to save his life and gave up the secret about Hermione being a wreck every time she and
y/n would visit tears would shed...the two boys usually being the cause. Harry and Ron felt a pant in their gut hearing this, but Ron was persistent in his views, "thought you two'd value yer friend more'n broomsticks or rats. Tha's all." said Hagrid, his tone discontented.

"If she'd just get rid of that cat, I'd speak to her again!" Ron said enraged. "But she's still sticking up for it! It's a maniac, and she won't hear a word against it!" They spent the rest of the visit discussing Gryffindor's improved chances at the Quidditch Cup.

-

The Hogsmeade trip was today, harry and Ron planned on going to see the shrieking shack while
Y/n was taking Hermione to the three broomsticks and a book store to get her mind off of her quarrel with Ron and Harry.

The boys visited Zonko's, which was so packed with students harry thought he'd suffocate. There were jokes and tricks to fulfill even Fred's and George's wildest dreams. They left Zonko's with their wallets considerably lighter than they had been on entering, but their pockets bulging with Dungbombs, Hiccup Sweets, Frog Spawn Soap, and a Nose-Biting Teacup apiece.

The day was cool and breezy, neither feeling like staying indoors, so they walked past the Three Broomsticks and climbed a slope to visit the Shrieking Shack, the most haunted dwelling in Britain. It stood a little way above the rest of the village, and even in daylight was slightly creepy, with its boarded windows and overgrown garden.

"Even the Hogwarts ghosts avoid it," said Ron as he peered over the fence. "I asked Nearly Headless Nick...he says he's heard a very rough crowd lives here. No one can get in. Fred and George tried, obviously, but all the entrances are sealed shut..."

While deciding whether or not to hop the fence they heard voices nearby. Someone was climbing toward the house from the other side of the hill; Malfoy and his goon squad.

"...should have an owl from Father any time now. He had to go to the hearing to tell them about my arm...about how I couldn't use it for three months..."

Dumb and dumber cackled.

Malfoy suddenly caught sight of Ron and Harry. His pale face split in a small grin.

"What are you two doing here?" Malfoy said looking between the two.

"Looking at a visual representation of your personality." Harry snarked, Ron laughed behind him. Dracos face contorted in anger.

"Suppose you'd love to live here, wouldn't you, Weasley? Dreaming about having your own bedroom? I heard your family all sleep in one room -- is that true?" He spat back.

Harry seized the back of Ron's robes to stop him from leaping on Malfoy.

"Leave him to me," he said in Ron's ear.

The opportunity was too perfect to miss. Harry pretended he had to use the bathroom and crept silently around behind Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, bent down, and scooped a large handful of mud out of the path.

"We were just discussing your friend Hagrid," Malfoy said to Ron. "Just trying to imagine what he's saying to the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures. D'you think he'll cry when --"