𝟏𝟖| 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒆

____________________

'𝒊 𝒂𝒎 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌'

____________________

[third person pov]

"I mean that was the original plan." Harry began, he looked around the room and noticed hermione had cleaned.

"My parents would kill me." Y/n laughed, picking up her sweatshirt and phone.

"You're parents left you." An awkward silence filled the room. Hermione and Ron looked between the two, waiting for someone to say something to clear the air.

"Really? Hadn't noticed." Y/n stated blandly, almost without emotion. She zipped her hoodie up and and grabbed the book harry had given her, tossing it on his desk. "You might need this more than I do."

"I didn't mean it like that." Harry said getting up from his seat. "No I get it. You were simply stating the obvious." Y/n said, passive aggressiveness dripping from her words. "See ya losers, herman." The girl exited the room, said a few thankful goodbyes to Lily and James and left through the front door.

"Harry James Potter you get down here right now!" Lily called angrily, she knew it was most likely her dickhead son that had y/n leaving so urgently. It couldn't have been been Hermione, she's an angel, and Ron was scared of y/n so it wasn't him.

Harry winced at his full name and jogged downstairs while ron and Hermione waiting awkwardly in his room. "Yes mom?"

"What did you say? She ran out of here quicker than sha'carri Richardson." Lily asked in a scolding tone, harry was terrified of Lily when she was mad. The anger behind her green eyes was about the same as when Harry tried setting the couch on fire to "see what happens".

"Well she was going to leave, and hermione said she thought y/n was sleeping over, like last night when Hermione had the guest room and me and Ron had my room." Harry began, looking anywhere but his moms fiery gaze. "Well that's no reason for her to storm out. What are you not telling me?" Lily demanded, her voice resembling a cop trying to get information out of a criminal. "I wasn't done mom." Harry said with a slight attitude.

Lily raised one eyebrow at the boy, "cut the attitude ja- Harry." She was always trying to keep her boys in check. "Sorry." Harry mumbled before going back to telling his mom about the events that had just played out.

"She said her parents would kill her if she slept over at a boys house. I was oblivious and confused and said uh I said "but your parents left you." but I didn't mean it like that I meant that they left her alone for Christmas not that her parents left her in an orphanage." Harry tried to defend his point of view but lily was pissed.

"Harry why the hell would you think that's an ok thing to say to someone?" Lily scolded, disappointed in her sons words. "I wasn't thinking, i kinda always forget she had nothing until she ran away." Lily's face contorted into confusion.

"What do you mean ran away?" She pressed, squeezing the tea cup she held insanely tight. Harry was confused, sure florent had told her about what happened.. right?

Harry explained to her what small parts y/n had told him. She kept most of it to herself, not knowing if they'd at some point use it against her.

Lily felt her stomach churn. She partially knew what had gone on in places like that. It was despicable, unspeakable, just horrid. "Go apologize. Right now. If i ever hear you saying anything like that again you can kiss hogwarts goodbye." The older women's teacup had cracks littering the sides now.