𝟎𝟕| 𝒂 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

_______________

'𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚... 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔'

_______________

[third person pov]

"Dinner was amazing." Y/n smiled triumphantly. Ron looked at her like she was mental. "You stood on the table and demanded dumbledore to play nicki manaj." Ron pointed out. He wasn't wrong.

"Ok but like. What's the issue? So a few first years heard some words they shouldn't have but wasn't it worth seeing Fred and George twerk on the tables?" The girl said holding back a chuckle.

"I mean-"

"Don't defend her Harry!" Ron scolded. Harry held his hands up in defense. The trio went to bed early, classes started way to soon.

Morning dawned on the students of Hogwarts. Many not wanting to get ready yet and hitting the snooze on their alarm clocks.

The common room was never silent. Usually Fred and George were planning a prank or talking about one. Most gryffindors are already awake, relaxing. Harry, Ron, and Hermione among those select few.

They sat quietly, the twins approaching them. "You guys are so dull where is the life in this friendship?" Fred teased. As if on que y/n stumbled out of her dorm. "GOOD MORNING MOTHER FUCKERS." The girl tripped on a few stairs as she made her way down to her friends.

"There it is." George laughed leaving the third years alone.

____________

We sat in the common room arguing over if the bells should Not be changed to something more upbeat. "I'm just saying a little nirvana never hurt anyone." Y/n shrugging and doodled on Harry's hand.

"We should visit Hagrid before lunch tomorrow, there's a rumor that Malfoy is trying to get him executed." Harry suggested, y/n dipped her quill in a small ink pot and continuing the drawing she had started on the back of Harry's hand.

"Executed?!" Hermione exclaimed. "Bloody ferret." Ron grumbled."Done." Y/n said proudly.

Y/n couldn't decide on wha to do about Malfoy so she grabbed the flowers from the vase in front of her and a pair of scissors.

"I'll kill malfoy. I'll kill Malfoy not." She repeated chopping off the petals one by one. Harry stared intently at his hand. "Did you draw me?" Y/n smirked under the hood of her sweatshirt.

"Yeah you're getting chased by an ostrich."

Harry looked at his hand again and sighed. "Why did you give the ostrich a knife?"

"For effect." The last petal fell to the floor. Y/n held up finger guns and pointed them at Harry and Hermione. "Pew pew." She whispered, Hermione fake died while everyones favorite white boy just looked around like an idiot.

"Traitor!" Ron shouted and pulled out his finger guns. "Pew pew."

While dropping to the floor y/n knocked over a table to make it realistic. "Herm- hermit.. tell Harry" She paused to cough. "Tell Harry his ankles are still skinny." And then she 'died'.

"This is why you have no friends." Harry kicked my limp leg and put his homework away.

_______________

It was dinner time and I was currently running away from a very angry Harry. I burst through the great hall doors dramatically. "Sorry I'm late. I was...found things." I was about to make my way to Ron and Hermione when Harry ran in out of breath.

"She pushed me down the fucking stairs because I stole her apple pie." He glared at me, so I put my hands up. "Push is such a strong word. I prefer to call it...giving you a little nudge."

"Oh I'll give you a little nudge when I shove my foot up your ass." Harry argued stretching his arm out. I didn't even push him that hard.

"Hey! Watch your fucking language in front of the kids." I tried so hard not to laugh during that sentence. "Children!" Professor Lupin interrupted holding back a laugh. He had cut Harry off before he could say anything.

"See total hottie." I whispered to Harry who just shoved me down into my seat. "What did the seat ever do to you?" I grabbed a roll and green bean casserole. It tasted like shit, but I was hungry.

"If you were my wife I'd poison your coffee." Harry

"If I was your wife I'd drink it. What a scandal! We could be on true crime. Well you'd be on it. I'd be dead." I said quickly taking a bite of the roll. It's getting heated.

"Please stop talking. You are giving me a headache." Harry looked like I had just hit him in the head with a bat. "Maybe put some rice on it."

_________________

Dinner was a few hours ago. Harry had flipped me off four times already. That's a record. I was struggling with my homework because it included material from second year and I wasn't fully caught up.

The quill twirling in my hand was wearing down quickly. It's a habit of mine to fiddle with things in my hand when I get stressed. Hermione had let me use all of her books from last year. I grabbed her dada textbook and skimmed through what I had already read and used it to answer a few questions.

[third person pov]

Y/n tied her hair into a messy bun and sat by the fire trying to focus on the book in her hand. She tapped her thumb against the book anxiously. Harry noticed the girl struggling to catch up on last year to do her work. He was definitely going to get her back for pushing him down the stairs but, she was his friend and needed help so he shoved the revenge filled thoughts to the back of his head and sat next to her.

"Last year our teacher was a scamming fraud that couldn't tell the difference between a werewolf and dementor so we didn't learn much. But we did learn every so often when he'd stop talking about himself." Harry said closing the book y/n was grasping.

Harry stayed up all night teaching y/n what they learned in defense against the dark arts last year, telling stories in between.

Y/n finished her homework but fell asleep in the common room floor around five in the morning. The dark sky already starting to brighten. The hour of sleep was clearly not enough, y/n had fallen asleep at breakfast and fell onto Hermione's shoulder.

Classes were too slow for y/n's liking. She just wanted a nice long nap. And a cookie.

Though still exhausted the small power nap at breakfast got her through the day. Before she could nap the quartet was going to visit Hagrid.

"Come on twig, carrot top, and hermit it's time to visit mr. tall guy who reminds me of Andre the giant." Y/n said barely keeping her eyes open.

"Here drink this." Hermione passed y/n an energy drink, in which y/n chugged the 12oz can like it was nothing.

Hermione would definitely regret that in a few minutes.

_____________
february 8th 2021

Word count- 2,000

-r