chapter one

TRIGGER WARNING FOR: MENTION OF DEATH, PANIC ATTACK, BODIES AND LIGHT GORE 

y/n's pov:

I finally made it. the flight from Colorado to Florida was about a 3-hour flight but i don't have much patience. i was also meeting up with my online friends for vidcon which i was super pumped about. we had never met in person so it was extra special.  i wondered if i should go locate my friends and then get my luggage or get my luggage and then find them. i decided to get my suitcase and then hunt them down. the airport was loud and busy with announcements playing over large screens mounted on the walls. as I walked over to the luggage carousel a new announcement popped up on all the monitors. i wasn't fully paying attention due to me looking for my suitcase but one thing caught my attention. "it is urgent that all citizens seek shelter and evacuate largely populated areas, the infection has been spreading quickly and it is unsafe to be outside and in public at the moment." 'infection? what were they talking about? that made no sense' my mind was going a thousand miles per hour until screams and yelling broke through. i looked up to see the so-called "infected". it almost looked like the zombies from the movies. and then i the hoard started attacking people. i stood in horror as i watched a man's arm be forcefully ripped off and then consumed. i was frozen until i realized 'standing out in the open and watching this go down probably isn't the safest idea'. and with that i booked it leaving behind my suitcase and running in any direction that was zombie-free. i ran into a restroom that had a locking door. and as i heard more panic and screams i locked the door and covered my ears. 'maybe im dreaming? maybe this is all just a prank? no this is real y/n' and i noticed my breathing get more uneven and my heart starting to race due to something other than adrenaline. i was having a panic attack. and without me realizing i blacked out, alone on the cold restroom floor. 

*time skip to the next day*

my eyes slowly fluttered open, and i felt the cool tiles beneath me which startled me 'where am i?' i thought and then everything came rushing back. the announcement, the screams, the zombies. i sat there for a minute expecting someone to knock on the door and save me. but all i heard was unnerving silence. i slowly stood up and unlocked the door peaking my head out,  i looked left and right as if i was about to cross the street. when i determined there were no "things" around i slowly collected myself and left the restroom to explore the now body littered airport. the first thing i saw was bodies. it was a horrifying sight, i felt like i was going to vomit. but i held it in. i decided i would head into the "shopping district" of the airport. hopefully, i could find some supplies maybe one of my friends! 'preferably alive rather than dead' i thought. as i tried stepping carefully over bodies i tripped on a woman's stretched out arm. which sent me face-first into the ground. i heard something shatter and picked up my now shattered phone. i didn't think there would be service and to my dismay i was right. i picked up my phone and placed it back into my pocket. after multiple hours of wandering around, there was so sign of any life besides me. and all i managed to find supply wise was a portable phone charger, bottles of water, and some bags of chips. i stuffed it all into my backpack. 

*time skip to leaving the airport*

in front of me was a parking lot also filled with bodies, not as many but still quite a few. i saw the huge highway and the road that lead up to it. a few miles ahead appeared to be a city. 'i guess that's where im going' i thought to myself before making my way down the long concrete road. 

a/n hi! i hope you enjoyed the first chapter! ill try to keep all the chapters around this length maybe longer! we will see :))

word count: 711 pog!!1!