[chapter 18, august 19th]

TW: CUSSING, SMOKING, ALCOHOL, FLUFF? (LIKE THE THE SMALLEST CRUMB OF IT)

"the cracking radio spoke, we all looked at each other in disbelief, we were getting out of here"

y/n's pov:

over the past 4 days nothing eventful has really happened. we got on the road august 16th and have been driving since. we've had to hijack multiple cars but hey! it's not like anyone else is using them! i looked out the window just in time to see the falling apart "welcome to georgia!" sign outside my window. the whole car lit up with joy, we were all cheering for making it! "we must celebrate!" wilbur said pulling into a abandoned convenience store. we all piled out of the car taking a moment to stretch before heading in.  there was trash and litter all over the floor along side plenty of graffiti. everyone split up grabbing sweets, energy drinks, liquor, cigars and more. we all sat outside of the store ignoring the dangers of being out in the open. we all made a huge pile of candy for everyone and passed bottles of alcohol between the adults. we all indulged our selves thoroughly enjoying a seeming normal moment. "whoa! look at that!" tubbo said pointing at a helicopter flying over head. "holyy shit" i whispered extending the 'y' in holy. "that tubbo is our ticket out of here" wilbur grinned patting tubbo on the back we all watched as the helicopter flew another 50 miles or so before landing atop a tall building. "and that my friends is where were headed next" dream said smiling looking away from the landed helicopter. we spent another hour or so outside of the convince store, cracking jokes and running around like mad men. 'maybe this is what it would have been like if everything had gone smoothly'  i thought watching tubbo and tommy 'parkour' (as they called it) between the roof of two cars. "I TOMMYINNIT, THE MAN AND THE LEGEND HAVE CLAIMED THIS PROPERTY AS MY OWN!" he shouted atop a red pickup trucks hood. "I SHALL CHALLENGE YOUR CLAIM GOD SIR, FOR I AM... I AM TUBBO!" tubbo replied holding his fist to the air than pointing a finger gun at tommy. in return  tommy held up finger guns back. they continued to have their 'intense battle' until tommy grabbed his chest dramatically admitting defeat. tubbo did a small victory dance atop his car before sliding down and yanking tommy down by his ankles. as tommy hit the black concrete below him a distant explosion rung out, shaking the ground. 

third person pov:

the boys immediately stood, looking at each other with a mix of fear and confusion they quickly retuned to the 'safety' of the gas station. "what the fuck was that?" nick spoke up peering out the somewhat shattered window seeing smoke rise from the distance. "they weren't supposed to start setting explosions of until tomorrow?" wilbur said anxiously. "i don't know what that was but, i for one don't want to hangout long enough to find out what it was. the group quickly grabbed any last needed items from the shelves before returning to the car. y/n quickly sliding into the front seat starting the engine with the severed wires hanging out of the key hole. they slid back out allowing clay to take over the driving position and follow the highway the group had originally been on. 

*time skip, to thirty minutes later*

"we're almost there!" clay announced looking in his rear view mirror. excitement filled the vehicle as the group saw a large apartment building appear into their view. nick felt a light weight on his shoulder, he glanced down to see y/n resting their head atop his shoulder. he smiled softly, moving the hair out of their face. then retuning to looking out the window. 

*another time skip*

the car stopped as everyone jolted forward slightly, "is this it?" wilbur asked, getting out and cracking his back. "i assume so, i don't see any other building with a helicopter pad soo.." clay deadpanned. everyone else slowly climbed out of the car. "morning" nick said as y/n opened their eyes looking around, "shit, i didn't mean to fall asleep lmao" they said following nick out of the car. "did you just say 'lmao' in real life y/n?" sapnap asked giving y/n a sarcastic look. they both burst out laughing as everyone else gave them a confused look. wilbur approached the front door yanking on the handles. "well fuck" he said. "what?" y/n asked. "its locked, looks like were climbing the fire escape" he said annoyed, pointing towards a near by set of stairs leading to the roof. the group sighed and began climbing the 13 flights of stairs. "don't be bummed out tubbo! big men need to workout their big legs! isn't that right will?" tommy said getting a kettle wheeze out of dream and a giggle from y/n. wilbur sighed "whatever you say toms" the older man replied ruffling tommy's hair (platonically for all you weirdos). "hey!" tommy said quickly fixing his hair, "got to make sure i look good for the ladies, ya know?" he said elbowing tubbo. "tommy what ladies, were literally in a waist land." tubbo dead panned while everyone else was busying collecting themselves from a fit of laughter. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: hi! were so close to the end! i think im gonna do two endings and you can pick which one you want to read, or both! that should be out by the beginning of next month! im gonna try to make these last chapters a little longer to make up for the shorter chapters. anyways! i hoped you enjoyed and as always thank you for all the kind comments, votes and support. 

sincerely arson <3