[chapter 19, the morning of august 20th]

TW: CUSSING 

" 'tommy what ladies? were literally in a waste land.' tubbo deadpanned while everyone else collected themselves from a fit of laughter."

y/n's pov:

i stepped onto the roof, we did it. all around was a birds eye view, it was breath taking. I checked my watch silently fist bumping the air. '8:06' it said. a few minutes had passed and the sound of a helicopter had approached. everyone turned they're heads watching the helicopter land in front of them. a solider (or a least what appeared to be a solider) walked out of the helicopter. his eyes scanned over our group before sighing, "im sorry to inform you all but we only have room for 4 more passengers" he said solemnly. "your joking." i said frustrated. "we traveled for 5 days to get here and you don't have enough room?!" "im not joking sadly" the solider said, "you have a few minutes to decide how goes before we need to leave." he said stepping back into the front seat. "fuck!" i yelled frustated, "o-okay tommy, tubbo get in." i said sternly. "will you go with them, they need you." they nodded not arguing away their offer of escape. "which one of you are going with them?" you asked looking between clay and nick. "what?!" they said. "i'm not going, if you can't decide than flip a coin." i said. "y/n your going aren't you?" tubbo said quietly, you ignored his question pulling a coin from your pocket. "nick. heads or tails?" you asked watching the coin fly into the air landing in your palm." "shit, don't put me on the spot like this.. uhh do tails." i held up the coin showing heads facing up. "no, nick you gotta go." "clay, its fine you have a family to get back to, you gotta get back to patches too. we'll be alright i promise" he said smiling softly tears escaping from his eyes. the boys hugged before dream walked towards the helicopter. i walked over to tommy and tubbo. streams flowed down their face looking at the boys face, they wiped his tears "we"ll meet again, somewhere, somehow, ill find my way back to you okay? Here i want you to hold onto this for me" they smiled softly, y/n untied the grey bandana from around their neck handing it to the younger boy. "hold on to it for me? my sister gave it to me, so i might as well give it to my little brother huh?" they said ruffling his hair stepping back. i walked to wilbur and dream "keep good care of them for me will ya? they mean alot to me." i said soflty. "of course n/n" dream said hugging you one last time. saluiting the boys one last time you watched the helicopter lift. As soon as the helicopter was out of sight y/n collapsed falling to their knees sobbing. "hey , hey their safe now okay? Its okay?" nick consulted. "yea-yeah your right, they'll be okay." he hugged you humming (play the song above please!) you both rocked as you hummed, "we'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, we'll meet again, some sunny day" you sung softly to the boys humming.