chapter 7

TRIGGER WARNING FOR: SELF HARM, PANICK ATTACK AND LANGUANGE

"i pulled out a cigarette and lit it looking at the bright sky above me, trying to take it all in. after what seemed like hours i made my way inside and curled up in the soft bed"

y/n's pov:

i woke up feeling extremely tired, but i forced my self out of bed. i walked past tommy's room and down the stairs into the kitchen. i walked in to see tommy eating a fruit cup "oh my god! your alive!" tommy said looking in my direction. i laughed and ruffled his hair before grabbing myself a fruit cup and leaning on the counter. we sat in silence for a minute or two before tommy piped up "what are we doing today?". i paused for a minute thinking of what we needed to accomplish "we should probably go out and get some more food, as well as some better weapons. i think i spotted a cabellas on our way over here." i replied finishing my fruit cup. (just pretend cabellas has weapons) "poggers, can i have a gun?" tommy replied eagerly. i didn't want to say yes to allowing a 16 year old a gun, but fuck it. "ya know what? let's give the child a gun" i said. than making my way upstairs to my room to get changed. 

(this is your outfit btw, you can change it if you like :) )

i walked back down stairs, and then me and tommy were off. 

*time skip to right before they leave the cabella's)

me and tommy both secured some better weapons, i grabbed myself a hunting knife and a hand gun. i stayed true to my promise and allowed tommy to get a gun as well. we were now stocking up on  bullets but were interrupted. i heard shuffling from the back of the store and look up to see a group of zombies making they're way towards us. me and tommy begin to run towards the exit but not before i was tripped. tommy froze as a zombie tried pulling me towards it. "tommy run!" i yelled and he paused for a minute before booking it out of the store.

tommy's pov:

i ran out of the store not once looking back. i should have stayed and helped them! i thought. i looked around realizing once again i was lost and alone. i didn't know how to get back to our base and nothing around me looked familiar, i needed a break from running too. my lungs were screaming at me and so i obeyed, i stopped by a dumpster near a decent sized gas station. as i sat down i heard faint talking, i messed with my gun making sure i could shoot someone if i had to. and in the process accidently set it off, giving away my location. i sat in silent panic listening to two pairs of footsteps slowly approach me. they were almost infront of me and i shut my eyes tight. i expected in that moment to be attacked, not embraced and met with small "im so sorry", "i should  have never lost you". i slowly opened my eyes to see a man with a yellow sweater and curly brow hair hugging me. "wilby?" i said and he looked up at me "im so glad your okay tommy, you are okay right?" i saw his eyes fill with concern and i just nodded, signifying i wad fine. will stood up and put a hand out to me pulling me up. 

y/n's pov: 

i shot the zombie that was tugging my ankle, immediately standing up and running out of the store. i ran for while the whole time hoping tommy would be alright, i heard a fain gunshot in the distance which didn't help my worry. i could feel my anxiety levels slowly rise, as i made me over to an apartment building. i climbed up the fire escape ladder, and collapsed on the roof. my lungs felt like cement and everything felt hot and cold at the same time. i was having a panic attack. i reached for the hunting knife in my backpack and pulled it out. and i watched as my shaking hand dragged across my scarred arm, creating new bloody lines. i was snapped back to reality by the blood dripping onto my shirt and pants. i muttered "shit" under my breath searching through my bag for a first aid kit. it was just my luck that i didn't have one. i took of my bandana wrapping it tightly around my new cuts. wincing at the searing pain in my wrist i sat they're alone on the roof until unconsciousness hit me