21st Chapter

After an annoyingly tedious amount of scavenging, (F/n) and I had finally returned to her base in what she calls The Mushroom Forest. It was pretty eventful since I had managed to get stuck between a hard place and one of those Gasopods. Just thinking about it sends a shiver down my spine and a thing of bile wanting to rise from my stomach. I spun around to look at (F/n) as she swam up next to me and pulled the hatch to the base open, allowing me to enter first before entering behind me. 'Captain (F/n) and Levi Ackerman have entered the base.' I looked around when the voice spoke and looked at (F/n) with clear confusion written on my face. "It's alright, it's just the sensors scanning our PDA's and informing anyone that we've returned." She explained after seeing my confused state.

"You never told us you were a captain," I said, trying to wrack my brain into remembering if I've ever heard it. "You never asked." (F/n) said with a nonchalant shrug. "Now, come on. Let's get all these materials to the fabricator. Those suits and tanks aren't going to make themselves." She spoke as I followed behind her, rolling my eyes. As we entered the main room, we were greeted by Hange almost immediately. I groaned in annoyance the moment she started talking. "LEVIIIII!!" She screeched, my ears already aching from the loud sound. "How was your trip!? Did you see anything strange? What did you bring back?!" She then paused in confusion, taking a slight step back. "What's that smell?" She asked, her face contorting in a slight bit of disgust. She paused for a moment taking a step forward. 

"Oh, right! Are you guys okay? We weren't sure if you both were going to come back in one piece. How did it go? Did you find everything you needed?" At her random questions and excited attitude, I wanted to turn around and stay outside if it meant I didn't have to hear her voice after just returning. "Back off, Shitty glasses! Give us some room, will you?!" She held her hands up defensively with a cheeky smile. "Right, I get it, my bad. I was just curious is all!." I 'tched' "Well keep your curiosity to yourself. You weirdo..." I finished off, mumbling that last part. She simply shrugged and skipped over to Erwin and sat down.

​​​Erwin looked in our direction and stood to greet us. "It's nice to see you both back alive and safe. How did the scavenge go? Have you found everything you required?" (F/n) nodded. "Yep! Everything I needed to make your suits and gear is all here. Now I just need to make everything and help you all learn how to use the gear." Erwin nodded, then looked at me. "And how did things go for you, Levi? Surely nothing was too difficult for my best soldier, was it?" He asked, giving a hearty chuckle when I glared at him. "Everything was fine. Where's Mike and the cadets?" He looked down the hall beside him. "Down that way. I believe Mike mentioned he was going to make sure they didn't break anything."

(F/n)'s PoV

I sighed in relief when Erwin mentioned they were being supervised. I made a mental note to thank Mike later for keeping an eye on them for me. "That's good, at least. Though I'm not too worried about anything breaking. If it did, I could always just deconstruct it and rebuild it later." At this, Erwin and Levi looked at me confused. "What do you mean? How?" I smiled at Erwin's questions, pulling out my habitat builder. "With this little thing. This is how I built this base and everything in it so far. I built things like this," I said, pointing it at the First-aid kit Fabricator and hitting the deconstruct switch. When it was mostly transparent, I switched it back to construct and rebuilt it back. "See, it's easy. All you need is the materials for it and you can build anything you want as long as it knows the schematics for it." She turned around and looked at their shocked faces.

"What? At this point, should you all really be that surprised?" I asked, putting my builder away. Erwin stood there, still trying to comprehend what he just witnessed. "Fascinating. Will you be teaching us how to use this tool later?" Erwin asked, clearly intrigued by what happened. "I will most definitely teach you all how to use one but not right now, unfortunately. Maybe sometime in the future." I said with a small smile. "Very well then." He said with an understanding nod. By that point, Levi and I walked over to one of the multipurpose rooms to get to making stuff. I quickly thought to myself as Levi and I started emptying out our Inventories. I brought my thumb to my lips and lightly chewed on my nail as I lost myself in my thoughts. 'My next task would have to be heading to the Aurora. Though I don't want to go by myself nor bring too many people with me. They're my responsibility now... I have to be careful...' 

Immediately being startled out of my thoughts by Levi clearing his throat, I quickly look over to him, listening to what he has to say. "What's next?" He said bluntly confusing me. "What do you mean?" He then made an audible 'tch' sound, becoming irritated as he explained himself. "What do we do with all this shit, brat?" Feeling dumb for not understanding the first time, I coughed with a small blush on my cheeks and decided to explain to him. "Right, um, all you need to do, is take the materials to the fabricator and place them in the fabricator's inventory. Select the item you need to make, and the fabricator does the rest." I said as I demonstrated by putting the items in the fabricator letting it make the fiber mesh and then added the lead and watched it make another radiation suit. "And voila! A new diving suit!" I said as I picked up the suit and showed him.

I looked over the suit to make sure there were no defects and smiled when it was fine. I neatly folded the suit and placed it on the table before turning to face him. "Go ahead and give it a try. Since we need an O² tank, you just need three titanium ores." I said, stepping aside. He walked over and placed the titanium into the fabricator and looked at me. "Now what?" I looked at him and smiled. "See those buttons? You'll want to press the third one and you'll want to hit the first one that branches off from it," I explained. He did as I had instructed and was now watching as the fabricator worked its magic. I smiled and went back to checking the helmet and gloves for any defects as well before placing them with the suit. I turned back around to see that the tank was ready. I then added two pieces of glass, four more titanium ores, and a silver ore before selecting the High Capacity O² tank. 

Once the oxygen tank was fabricated, I again checked for defects and placed it with the other suit. "We're only making one more radiation suit." I began, soon getting interrupted by Levi. "Why? I thought we needed more for everyone else?" He questioned, to which I answered. "We'll be making different diving suits for everyone else since I do plan on going with two others to the Aurora. And since you have a radiation suit I'll just need to bring one other person to come with us." I could tell Levi was very confused at what I said since he wore a pretty obvious look of confusion so I just shrugged and said, "I'll need to have a meeting with Erwin and you so I can explain better about what needs to be done." With that, Levi nodded and we both went around the room, fabricating most of the items we need for every single person. Soon after, we put all the suits and tanks in two separate lockers and left the room to go talk to the others. 

Erwin walked up to me once I entered the Moonpool and gave a short smile. "Did you finish making everything that you needed?" He asked, to which I nodded. "Mostly. I miscalculated the number of materials we needed to get so I'll make sure to get more. I do want to have a meeting with you though. I have something important we need to discuss." I said in a serious tone, to which Erwin nodded. "Alright. I hope you don't mind if I bring Levi and Hange?" He asked, to which I smiled and shook my head. "Not at all. I had planned on having Levi join us anyway. Besides, it's best we all discuss this matter together. Just call them over and we'll go talk in a separate room." I then started walking over to the other side of the base once Erwin called the others over. Once we made it into the room, I closed the bulkhead door, ensuring our privacy, and started the meeting. I cleared my throat, took a deep breath, turned to face them, and placed my hands together.

"So, here's the thing..."

(Helllooooo!!!! I actually forgot to post this yesterday! My baadddd. The next chapter will hopefully be up tomorrow. If you haven't already, please reread the prologue along with at least chapters 1-4 as I've basically rewritten them. Sorry for the inconvenience but it's definitely worth reading since it's not as shitty as before lol. Until next time, baii!!!! -Tom)