13th Chapter

I pulled a Beacon out of my inventory and started walking into the water, surprised by how deep it actually is. I set the Beacon and watched as its little airbags came out. I stepped out of the lake and walked back to the abandoned base. After exploring the abandoned base, I looked over everything I had found inside. Degasi Voice Log #4 - Curious Discovery, Paul Torgal Log #1 - Marooned, Degasi Voice Log #2 - Storm, and another Purple Tablet. I smiled sadly at the name Paul Torgal, hoping he might still be alive. A decade ago, when I was studying and working hard to become a member of the Aurora, myself along with hundreds of others just like me, were visited by Paul Torgal, Bart Torgal, Marguerit Maida, and several other members of the Mongolian vessel, Degasi.

It was amazing to see these people taking a step forward into space colonization and giving us all a heads up in what to expect and just general advice. We were all in a massive auditorium at that time and the wonder and excitement I felt was absolutely incredible. I smiled faintly at the memory and continued walking until I began to hear shouting. My eyes widened as I turned around seeing small figures running in my direction, an angry looking short male following closely behind. "Fucking shit balls..." I whispered as I gulped in panic at the angry man.

Hange's PoV

I shouted (F/n)s name along with Mike as her whole body got pulled into the portal. I quickly ran after her and attempted to jump into the portal, but being stopped by Mike wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me backwards. "Mike We Have To Go After Her!! She could be seriously injured!!" I shouted in panic as I struggled in Mike's tightening grip. "Calm Down! We need to think about this rationally!" Mike shouted still holding me. "We should get the others and decide what to do together so we don't make a decision we would regret." Now calm, Mike slowly loosened his grip on me as I stopped struggling. I sighed, agreeing to go get the others and decide together.

Me and Mike practically bolted down the mountain, in a panic to inform the others and find (F/n). Once we reached the area where everyone was gathered we explained the situation, slightly breathless. The short stack of course was livid when he heard that (F/n) had gotten sucked into the portal. "Does she always get into fucking trouble?!?" He had shouted while dripping with irritation. Erwin of course had devised a plan which consisted of Mike staying here at the bottom of the mountain with the rest of the soldiers, except for Erwin, Levi, and me. "This is the portal (F/n) got sucked into?" Erwin asked me as all of us stood before the portal.

"Yes! She stuck her hand through and then her whole body got pulled in through the portal!" I shouted stepping closer to the portal. "Don't get so fucking close Shitty Glasses!" Levi yelled while yanking me back by the collar of my shirt. "When do we go in? I vote for myself to go and look for her! Erwin please let-" "No." Erwin cut me off. "What? But (F/n), she might be in serious trouble-" "Which is exactly why I can't let any of you go." He said sternly making my eyes widen in shock. "Erwin, (F/n) is truly the only person who knows this planet more than all of our soldiers and us combined. Without her we will never get home!" I shouted, standing in front of Erwin with pleading eyes.

"We'll never get home, so please. Let me go get her." I looked into Erwin's eyes with hope that he'd agree to let me do this. "Fine, but Levi is going with you." I jumped up and shouted as I smiled wider than any titan ever could. "See you on the other side!!!" I shouted as I jumped through the Green portal, green light quickly dominating my line of sight. "Woah!!!" I yelped as I lost my balance and fell onto the ground, completely disoriented. I groaned as I tried to get up off the ground, only to be knocked back down from Levi falling on top of me. "Ugh... shit." Levi groaned holding his head. "Ha! Does it hurt? Maybe you're getting old- OW!!" I rubbed my head in pain while Levi got off of me as I immediately regretted not keeping my mouth shut.

I decided to get off the ground as well, not seeing the point in staying there. "Where the fuck are we and the where fuck is she? Come on, Four Eyes, let's get moving. I don't want to waste any more time than we have to." "Alright, Mr. Grumps~" I said in a sing song voice, earning another hit to the head causing me to whine in retaliation. We then began searching for the way out of the cave, wanting to not go the route with the huge drop to the water below. After navigating through the best we could, we finally came to a safe exit. "YES, Sweet Freedom hahAHAH!!!" Though my eyes were being assaulted by the bright sunlight, I couldn't help but celebrate.

The Munchkin didn't feel the same, I guess, judging by his irritated groan and mumbling before he stomped off into the mysterious island. "Hey, wait up for a second! I don't wanna lose you- HEY!" I yelled as I ran to catch up with his short but surprisingly quick legs, disappointed about not being able to examine all the interesting plant life around. After I caught up with him we began our search, staying together. We walked up and down inclines and declines, took some turns, and occasionally backtracked because of dead ends. We eventually came across some dense foliage that we decided to squeeze through, there being a more clear area behind it.

Once we broke through I saw something moving in the distance, causing me to halt my steps to look at it more closely. Excitement and relief flooded my system as I spotted a faint figure that appeared to be female. A broad smile covered nearly the entirety of my face as I shouted out "(F/N)!!!" and started running towards her at top speed. I heard Levi release a few curses behind me, followed by the sound of his pounding footsteps a few feet from mine. 'This is going to be fun.'

(HELLO EVERYBODEEEHH!!! I started writing this and sorta burned out yesterday so ShyLittleMarshmallow helped me out a bunch with tons of editing and revising AND wrote the last three paragraphs, SO, I thank you. *bows dramatically like an idiot to my dear Partner in Writing* UNTIL SUNDAY, BAI!!!)