22nd Chapter

"So, here's the thing..." I started, while looking at each of them. "I made only one other Radiation suit, and I did so for a reason. I need to go to the Aurora, but I don't want to bring everyone with me. It's too dangerous a job for too many people. Let me explain why. Since Levi already has a suit, I want him to come with me. But, I needed to ask you for your opinion on who should be the other person to join us. These are your people, Erwin, and I don't want to make decisions that will involve risking their lives without your say-so." I watched as Erwin's face went from curious to unsure. Hange suddenly spoke up. "Oh! Can I go? I really want to help and explore to find out more about this world!" She asked, joining in on the conversation.

I looked at her, not sure if I should agree. "I don't know, Hange. I've only known you for a short period and based on the amount of time I've known you for, something tells me you like to wander off. Where we're going, I can't risk the chance of you doing that." Erwin glanced over at Hange. "(F/n) is right. You may be my second in command, but since we're in a world that we have no clue about, I can't risk you wandering off. What if you get seriously hurt? Or worse?" He asked, looking at her with a stern look. Hange looked up at Erwin with pleading eyes. "Please, Erwin? I promise I'll be careful. I mean it!" She pleaded with him. "No, Hange. I'm not taking that risk. If anything, Mike or I will go." Hange looked at Erwin, her lips now flat with her brows furrowed.

"Erwin, I'm aware that I can be reckless sometimes, but I also know what I'm capable of and I know my limits. If anything, since Levi is going to be there, he can make sure I stay in check if that will make you feel better." Which earned a 'tch' from Levi. "All I'm asking is that you allow me to go." Erwin and Hange stared intensely at each other, trying to see if either would back down. He turned his eyes back towards me, breaking eye contact with Hange. "(F/n), when will you be making this trip?" He asked, looking more stern than I had seen him so far. "We'll be leaving sometime tomorrow morning. Best to go before it even has a chance to get dark." With that, Erwin nodded. "I will sleep on my choices. For now," He stated, turning his head to look at the brunette once again. "My 'yes' is a 'possibly'." Erwin then turned towards the door. "You'll have my answer tomorrow long before (F/n) and Levi leave." And with that, he walked out of the room, leaving Levi and Hange alone with me.

I cleared my throat as we all stood there in awkward silence and looked between the two. "Sooooo, now that we're back and we got that little discussion out of the way... Who's hungry?" I asked, clapping my hands and turning towards the door. I walked out and back over to the other side of the base where I made my way to the Moonpool. "Hey, are you guys hungry? I'm sure you all haven't eaten since lunch." Everyone turned to look in my direction and they all stood up, Sasha and Connie being the first two to make their way past me and into the main room where everyone was this morning. I giggled and waited for everyone to make their way there before following behind them. Once everyone was situated in the room, I started handing out some of the food. It would be great if we had plates and silverware but using our hands will have to suffice. "If anyone need to throw anything away, you can do so in the trash can near the window." I said aloud, going over to one of my lockers and grabbing a cooked peeper along with some fruits.

I then sat down on the floor near one of the windows since all the chairs are occupied. Looking up to see how everyone is enjoying their food, I see Sasha has already eaten over half of her food since she grabbed it. I take it she probably likes almost anything that's labeled food. Marco was actually taking his time while pretty much everyone else was just examining the strange new fish. 'Right, they haven't had eaten the fish yet.' I giggled nervously. I stole a glance from Levi seeing as he had grabbed a peeper and is making a rather disgusted face. Levi sneered as he poked at it. "What part about any of this looks even remotely good? Not to mention the fact that it looks like it's staring at me." He said, lips pulled back showing his teeth and eyes furrowed in disgust. "Oh relax. It's good for you, especially the eyeballs. That's where all the protein is." I stated as I took a bite of my own peeper. Levi's face contorted into a look of pure disdain as he watched me bite into my food.

"Oh, right, after you're done eating, I'll show you where the shower is. I'm sure you want to wash yourself off after that little incident with a Gasopod earlier." I said as I finished my food and drank the rest of my water. "Oh," I started, looking towards Mike who was nearby. "Thank you for keeping an eye on everyone while I was out, Mike. I appreciate it." He nodded. "No problem." I then headed over to the trashcan, grabbing my empty bottle and other parts of the peeper I don't like and disposed of them. Once Levi had disposed of his finished meal, I showed him to the shower. "Alright, so this is how the shower works. This switch turns it on and this dial turns the water to either hot or cold. I recommend that you keep the dial a little more than halfway past the middle, otherwise you'll just end up burning yourself." Levi's brows furrowed as he looked in my direction, a slight look of confusion written on his face. "Do I take my diving suit off or leave it on?" 

"Just leave it on. All you really need to do is use this solution to removed all the nastiness of your suit. Now, if you need anything, just holler." I said, my lips twitching up as my eyebrows relaxed themselves. I then walked out, shutting the door behind me. I quietly exhaled, walking away from the area. I made my way over to the Moonpool, passing through the small dining area where I waved everyone goodnight. I plopped down, sitting in one of the corners of the room and stared up at the ceiling. "What a crazy day, huh, Sam?" I asked, just speaking into the air, still able to hear the muffled sounds of everyone in the neighboring room. "I wish you were here. I miss you..." My eyes soon fluttered closed as the sounds of muffled laughter aided me in falling into a deep sleep. 

(Well, that does it for Chapter Twenty-two, my peeps! I can't stress this enough; I literally had to power through this chapter so that it'd be ready for publishing. It's currently 4:05 AM and I am so relieved that this chapter is good to go. Anyway, Tom and I are really grateful to all of you that have stuck around this far into the story and we can't wait to share the rest of the story with you all in the future. That does it for Friday and with that, we'll see you all on Wednesday! Bye, my lovelies! - Black___Rose)