31st Chapter

My eyes slowly opened as the sunlight shined through the ocean, illuminating my room with its cool colors.  I slowly sat up, looking around the room before rubbing my eyes and stretching my muscles the best I could without disturbing my nearly healed wounds. Standing up, I yawned and walked over to the ladder that led down into the Work-room. Aka the first room you would be in when entering the base.

Climbing down the ladder, I made my way towards the bioreactor room in front of me. Looking down the hall to my right, I could hear loud chatter and movement coming from the dining room. I smiled and walked down the hallway, now being in the middle of the busy multipurpose room.

It had been a few weeks since the Reaper attack, and whilst I had healed faster than anticipated, I still had trouble trying to do everything on my own like I was used to. So, seeing how everyone was eager to help while I recovered, I took this as the opportunity to teach everyone how to use everything. I taught everyone how to use the fabricator and the habitat builders.

I taught Levi, Hange, Erwin, and a few others how to use the Scanner Room to locate materials we'd need for fabricating. I taught everyone how to use the new vending machine, coffee machine, and tea machine. I taught Jean, Marco, Sasha, and Connie how to deal with the grow beds. Then Mike, Erwin, and Levi were taught how to work the more delicate machinery: Such as the Seamoth and our newly made P.R.A.W.N Suit.

When it came down to everything else, I taught everyone how to use their new tools, like their Sea-glides, repair tools, and so on. So, now everyone had their own suits and gear and were all pitching in to help around the base. Now, with everyone now out and about, I had realized that it would be best if we added onto the small base I had made originally.

What used to be just a few rooms and a Moonpool turned into a whole base fit for our big dysfunctional family. At least, that's how I like to see it.

When I walked into the dining room, everyone looked up and I waved at them before walking over to the coffee machine and getting a small cup. Erwin was then the first to speak up as I sat at one of the tables. Mike, Levi, Erwin, and now me occupying the small table.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, biting into the fish he had in front of him. Erwin came close to being the dad I had always wanted, to me at least. He looked out for everyone and made sure everyone wasn't getting into unnecessary trouble.

After my near-death experience, he had made sure to check up on me at least once a day to make sure nothing was wrong. He most likely was just checking in on me since I'm basically their only ticket out of here but I don't really like thinking about that. I looked up at him and smiled, tiredly taking a sip from my cup of coffee.

"I'm fine. Just need to find my energy before I feel like doing anything today. Oh, speaking of, do you know if anyone has done a stock check to see if we're running low on any materials?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow. Hearing my question, Armin then spoke up immediately.

"Sorry for interrupting, but I checked up on everything. We're only running low on rubies, lithium, and lead." I waved him off, showing I didn't mind the polite interruption.

 "Alright. I'll make sure to gather those items when I go out today with a group. How's the food supply?" I questioned, Sasha and Connie both deciding to speak up.

"I checked the lockers. We only have a few food blocks left along with plenty of fish in the aquarium to last us a while." Sasha stated, a small blush on her face from the thought of meat.

"We also still have plenty of water and the Filtration Machine you installed is still supplying more," Connie added, nudging his brunette friend out of her food-crazed daze.