30th Chapter

"Hang in there, brat. We got you." Levi said as he and Hange both pulled me towards the Cyclops.  I felt so lightheaded from the loss of blood that I had blacked out before I felt Levi shake me back to consciousness.

"Stay awake. We can't have you sleeping on us right now." 

"I'm trying. It's just so hard to..." Hange opened the hatch and helped Levi haul me up inside. Once we were all in, Hange helped pull my diving helmet off while Levi took his off. Levi then opened his inventory and grabbed one of the several Medkits and cracked it open. He grabbed the bandages and wrapped up the wound.

"We'll dress it properly once we get back. For now, it's just to stop the bleeding." Hange stated, slowly helping me onto my feet and up the ladder. Hange kept me steady so I wouldn't stumble while Levi continuously checked his PDA. 

"I'm sorry! This is all my fault... I shouldn't have been so careless." She exclaimed, eyebrows furrowed in worry. Levi turned off his PDA and stood behind his brunette comrade.

"Keep it down, Four-eyes. There's no need to shout at her." He told her, turning his gaze towards me.

"Can you still pilot this thing? Hange and I have no clue how." With a tired groan, I slowly nodded.

"I- I can... But I don't think I'll be able to stand upright without collapsing. I think I'll need help with that." I stated, my legs shaking from the pain in my arm and side. Levi nodded and carefully helped me over to the cockpit. Once I had grasped the steering wheel, I went to reach for the engine button when the pain in my arm increased suddenly.

"Fuck! That hurt... Ugh, can you turn the engine on for me, please?" I asked, my eyes tightly shut as I tried to will the pain away. Levi tapped the glass where the engine button was and I soon felt the Cyclops tremble as it came to life.

'Engine powering up.'

I waited a moment until the Cyclops was fully functioning before turning it around towards the direction of the base. The entire time, the only thing I felt was the throbbing pain spreading throughout my wounds. I nearly fainted a couple of times from it, but I pushed on with the help of Hange and Levi keeping a close eye on me.

---

We finally managed to get back to base and without bothering to park correctly, I turned the engine off. I felt my legs tremble as I turned from the wheel and made my way over to the exit. Hange had already climbed down the ladder and was waiting for both Levi and me.

Levi helped me down the ladder before opening the exit hatch. He motioned Hange to go first before I followed suit, him then exiting right after. Both he and Hange grabbed onto me, helping pull me towards the base. I stumbled to the floor once we all made it inside, blood seeping through the bandages Levi tightly wrapped around me.

'Captain (F/n), Levi Ackerman, and Hange Zoe have boarded the habitat.'

I attempted to stand up, almost collapsing again before I felt two arms lift me up. My tired eyes jolted open from the sudden action as I looked up towards Levi. Looking away, my cheeks then flushed in color as I realized how close we were. 'Funny how my mind can still act up when I'm literally almost dying.' I thought, internally rolling my eyes at my behavior.

Levi carried me into the other room where everyone was waiting, already standing out of their seats. Erwin immediately walked over to us when he saw my condition.

"What happened?" He stated sternly, looking at the three of us for answers. Before Levi even had a chance to speak, Hange's voice was heard from behind.

"It's my fault, Erwin. I was too careless. If (F/n) hadn't done anything, I would have died." She said as guilt washed over her, her eyes pointed towards the ground unable to meet Erwin's eyes.