29th Chapter

We soon made our way to find the two doors that Hange mentioned. We came around to the first door and I realized that it was the room that belongs to me and my other friends. I quickly walked over and tried to push open the door, hoping everything on the other side would still be intact, but it wouldn't open.

"Damnit, it won't fricken open!"

Levi placed then moved me out of the way with his hand and forcefully kicked open the door. The door broke the rest of the way off and toppled to the ground with a loud 'clang'. Hange and I both stared at him in shock, causing him to look at us with an annoyed look.

"What? I got it open, didn't I?"

Hange shrugged and walked inside with me. We saw five intact beds around the room along with duffle bags. Two on both sides and one resting at the back of the room with lockers by each bed. Every bed had names above them. Dan and Yan's beds were on the left, Sam and Jay's were on the right, and against the back wall is mine. Tools were scattered all over the floor and two of the lockers had fallen onto their sides.

Everything looked almost exactly the same as I remembered. Several emotions were washing over me as old memories came flooding back to me. Hange noticed a faint blue glow coming from one of the standing lockers and picked it up, glancing back at me when she read what was on it.

"Hey, (F/n), this thing has your name on it." She said, walking over and handing it to me. I looked over it and realized it was Sam's old music player. 'From Sam, To (F/n)' It read.

'Message transferred to PDA.'

I placed it away and decided that now wasn't the time to get emotional again. I will just have to listen to it when we get back. Putting my emotions on a shelf, we looked around the room a bit more and found nothing else of use besides a picture of me and my friends, which I placed in my inventory. We then turned and walked out of the room, making our way to the next room. We made our way over to the Captain's quarters and typed in the code I had received via transmission from Alterra.

'2679...' I typed in the code and the door slid open. Inside, we saw yet another PDA, a poster of the Aurora and a miniature model of the Aurora on one of the wall shelves, and a data terminal.

Walking in, I picked up the PDA titled 'Captain's Log', and then took the poster off the wall. Levi then grabbed the small model before I touched the terminal and saw a new blueprint for the Neptune Rocket appear on my PDA.

"We got what we needed. We can leave, now." I said with a relieved sigh. Hange let out a disappointed whine while Levi mumbled a simple 'Thank God.'

I chuckled and walked past them and back down the hall to the P.R.A.W.N. Bay area. As we walked down the steps, all our PDAs went off.

'Picking up a faint Blackbox signature, originating on the other side of the hull breach in this room.'

I glanced over towards the giant pool of water and walked over, looking down into the water. With another sigh, I spoke my thoughts.

"Might as well grab it quickly while we're here. Don't worry, this is the last thing and then we're definitely leaving." I dove into the water while Hange immediately following behind. Levi rolled his eyes in irritancy and dove in after his two female companions.

As we navigated our way through the pipes, wires, and broken pieces of metal and boxes, we eventually got to the other side of the room. We swam up through a breach in the floor above us, the doorway ahead being blocked by metal. Turning around, Levi pointed towards an open door to which we swam towards. Swimming through, above us is a cloud of smoke and a fire-covered ceiling. I noticed another terminal and touched it, downloading the data into my PDA.