10th Chapter

(This has been edited)

Walking forward and through a huge doorway at a cautious pace, I'm astonished to find an enormous pool. "This is big enough to fit my Cyclops!" I shouted in amazement. I look around the gigantic room and turn to my right, intrigued by my find. I soon take a left and turn back to the giant pool and see a large entrance. I turn around, deciding to check it out later. Going through another doorway, I take a right and then left looking up to see several ramps leading upwards. "At least they're not stairs." I groan in annoyance to myself. I look around on the bottom floor and scan an object called an Alien Rifle.

"Now that's interesting," I mutter to myself moving on. I walk around and find another Ion Cube. I put it in my inventory, wondering how many more are laying around, and pausing once I turn around. I see another doorway and I decide to explore what's beyond it, only to be shocked at what I see, my eyes widening, jaw slightly unhinging, and breath almost stopping at the sight before me. Beyond the doorway is a gigantic type of alien technology. It's in the shape of a diamond, being cut off a little at the bottom.

After exploring the amazing room, making sure not to miss anything important, I begin walking up the ramps, nervous and curious. I stop once I walk up three ramps deciding to catch my breath for a moment. I notice another container holding an alien artifact. I walk towards it and jump back a little, letting out a small gasp once it opens up and starts moving around. Curious, I take out my scanner and scan it, reading about it in my Databank. I read the description of the artifact aloud and visibly shiver.

"Doomsday Device: Scans indicate this device contains enough potential energy to destroy the entire planet, along with most of the solar system. Fortunately, it has malfunctioned." 'Thank goodness.' I think to myself walking away from the awful artifact, the dread of the possibilities fresh in my mind. I walk up the ramp and turn to my right, yet again walking through another doorway, only bigger this time. Taking twists and turns through the alien building yet trying not to lose my way, I see a weird-looking object in front of me.

"Now what on earth is this thing?" I mutter to myself, stepping closer to the technology. Cautiously walking up to another ramp, I yelp as something pops up out of a pillar-like thing on the ground, giving me a mini heart attack. After standing still for a second, I slowly step closer and look at the square button that emits an eerie green light around its shape. Slowly reaching my hand out, my fingers gently touch the button, and I press it. I shriek in a panicked voice as my hand gets stuck, my heart going wild inside my chest and my breathing rapid in fear.

I then suddenly hear my name being called out while I try my hardest to pull my hand out of whatever force is keeping it there, despite feeling pain in my wrist from my harsh tugging. "Help Me!!" I scream as a weird long object comes out of the pillar, stabbing me within seconds. I grunt loudly, falling onto the ground and applying pressure to where I was stabbed. My mind is racing, my heart is pounding, and my hands are sweating from the interaction that had just occurred.

I look at the button and see as it begins to glow red as it quickly closes. I scoot away a few inches, taking deep breaths in order to calm myself and regain my composure. Hearing the yells of everyone else I quickly stand up, still gripping my injured arm. Someone grabs my shoulder and pulls me away from the glowing tech. I listen to the weird alien language feeling uneasy at the deep grumbling voice. Everything is silent once the voice stops and the person still gripping my shoulder speaks up.

"Are you a fucking idiot? You should've stayed where you were and waited for help." I heard Levi grumble behind me. I turn around with a frown, knowing the truth behind his words, and see Erwin, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin behind him. "Are you ok? Did something hit you in the face?" Erwin speaks up, stepping towards me and looking at the blood covering the bottom half of my face. "I'm ok!" I say quickly, waving my hands in front of my face. "I just fell and landed on my face..." I say sheepishly, looking away and rubbing the back of my neck with a blush of embarrassment.

"We panicked a lot when we found your blood on the floor. We thought something happened to you." Armin said looking at my blood-stained suit with a look of concern expressed on his face. "Now we know the blood was from you falling on your face like a fucking idiot." Levi said with a 'tch'. "S-sorry. I just wanted to finish exploring this place." I said with a frown, feeling guilt sink into my gut. Erwin then gripped my shoulder and began talking. "Eren told me what happened. We're working together now, so that means we do things together and we don't go alone. We're a team now, alright?" I looked up and smiled at Erwin.

"Yes, we are. We should go back to the Cyclops now. It's probably getting dark out." I said while looking at everyone. "We should." Levi had already begun walking, and the rest of us followed after. I looked at my injured arm, amazed that there's no blood, not even a hole in my suit. 'There should be at least a decent sized hole in my arm.' I paused and looked back at the weird glowing object in wonder. "(F/n)," Mikasa called out with slight concern in her tone, causing everyone to look my way. I blushed and quickly caught up with everyone, my gaze directed towards the floor.

'It's probably not important anyway.'

(Special thanks to ShyLittleMarshmallow (on Wattpad) for rewriting my work again. She is incredibly amazing and I don't know what I would do without her! Until next time, Bai!!!)