27th Chapter

"Hey, (F/n). What's this cylinder-shaped thing sticking out of this stand with holes in it?" Hange asked, curiously pointing to a Seamoth upgrade. I gasped and immediately swam over with a smile on my face. I pulled it out and read the name on it٫ my smile only getting bigger.

"It's a depth module for my Seamoth! Oh, Hange, you beautiful woman! I can't believe you found this!" I exclaimed٫ giving Hange a big side hug. 'This saves me the trouble of having to make it. Thank goodness for Hange because I probably would've missed it.' I thought to myself as I placed the upgrade into my inventory.

Hange then let out a smug smile at her finding٫ causing Levi to roll his eyes and 'Tch' at his brown-headed comrade. "Is there anything else we need out of this room?" Levi asked, scanning his eyes around the place a bit more. I looked back at him before scanning my eyes around the room myself.

"Uh, no, I believe that's all there is to see and grab out of this room. So let's keep moving." I said, swimming past him and Hange and back out the door. I looked down the hall and saw the door leading to the locker room before looking at the doorway leading to the Drive Room. 'Might as well fix up the Drive Core before going anywhere else.' I looked back at Levi and Hange. "Follow me." I thought as I turned to my right, swimming until The water was shallow enough. I turned the corner and was greeted by flames blocking our path. I pulled out my extinguisher and put out the flames, allowing us to get by. As we walked in, the mere sight of the Drive Core room was enough to make my stomach churn. Water flooded over half the room and there were breaches in every column.

'The drive core shielding sustained internal damage during collision. Do not attempt repair without appropriate qualifications.'

"Shit..." I whispered to myself as Levi and Hange walked up to either side of me and took in the sight of the damage done. "Is this where the radiation is coming from?" Hange asked, looking over at me with knitted brows.

"Yeah," I nodded. "and the only way to stop it is to patch the holes in each column before it can get worse than it already is," I said as I pulled out my repair tool. "Let's each take a column so we can fix this mess faster." I walked further ahead and saw a module sticking out of the console. I pulled it out and read it. "Cyclops engine efficiency module. Well, good thing I found you. Now my Cyclops won't lose power so quickly." I stuck it into my inventory.

'Warning: local radiation at maximum tolerable level.'

I heard the warning from all our PDA's and sighed. "Guess we got here at the perfect time," I stated, turning to my right to start working on fixing the breach. "It doesn't matter which column you both take, so long as this thing gets fixed. The faster we do this, the quicker we can get out of here."

Levi and Hange both nodded, pulling out their own repair tools and splitting up. Levi took the column to the left whilst Hange dove into the water and made for the far left of the further columns and got to work.

"Uhhh, hello? We got more of those Bleeder things down here. Thought I'd let you know before you both came down here." Hange's voice came through the speakers in our helmets, alerting us of the danger in the water below.

Levi let out his signature 'Tch' as he leaned over the railing, noticing all the bloodsuckers swimming around. "Let's just hurry this shit up. If they latch onto you just use your knife, Hange."

Hange let out a noise of acknowledgment through the speakers before going silent and starting on her progress on the breach.

Levi soon jumped into the water below as I stayed on the shaky platform, looking for any breeches above. As I finished welding the first one, our PDA's informed us of the remaining breaches.