19th Chapter

(This has been edited)

Levi 'tched' then looked in a different direction, probably wishing he was somewhere else other than here. With a small smile, I dived into the water, almost surprising Levi. I resurfaced a few seconds later and swam over to the ladder leading into the Moonpool. "First things first. We will practice without the fins, but you have to get into the water." I said while gently swimming away from the yellow ladder, giving him space to enter on his own. Levi then cautiously climbed down and joined me in the water. I smiled watching him tightly grip the metal with his hand, making his knuckles turn white. "Now, I want you to let go," I said with a reassuring smile. "And why the fuck would I let go?" Levi said, sending a glare my way. "So you can try swimming. You'll have to trust me on this so grab onto me and I'll help keep you afloat." I said, a gentle tone in my voice urging the stoic man to put his trust in me.

He eyed me down for a moment as if debating on whether or not to do so. He hesitated for a moment before simply stating, "No." And let go of the ladder. Levi then almost immediately began sinking below the surface. I quickly grabbed ahold of him and pulled him back up. "Oooookay, how about you just hold onto my arm until you can get a feel for it before blindly trying on your own, yeah?" He stared at me for a moment, before 'tching', feeling frustrated and slightly embarrassed at the fact he didn't get it on the first try. "Fine, let's just get this over with, brat." He said irritably to which I rolled my eyes. "Okay, so first, you want to relax. Trying to swim while panicking will only make this worse. Now, spread your legs apart, but not too far, and just kick your feet back and forth." I watched him spread his legs apart and begin kicking his feet. "Good! Not bad. Now, I want you to hold your arms out and wave them back and forth against the water like this. I got you if you start to sink, don't worry."

He took a breath before slowly letting go of my hand and did as I instructed. Sure enough, he was floating now, just fine. "See? And all you need to do is just remain calm. Now that you've gotten the hang of swimming without the fins, it'll be much easier to swim with the fins on." I explained to him, making sure he was listening before speaking up again. "If you look down towards the ankle of your suit, there's a button, press it." Levi looked down towards his feet and brought his foot up towards his hand and pressed the button, making fins extend quickly, startling him only for a moment before he relaxed again. "Good, now that we have that out of the way, we can start scavenging for materials," I said, before grabbing my helmet and putting it on. "So, put on your helmet, and follow me."

Levi's PoV

I examined the helmet in my hands for a moment before placing it on my head and diving below the water's surface, following after her. Once I was far enough below the surface a sudden static noise filled my ears, startling me right out of my skin. 'Tsst' "Hey, can you hear me?" 'Chhht' I looked confused for a moment before looking at (F/n). "H-- Hello?" I asked, still looking confused as I responded to the voice. I watched as she waved hello to me. "Good." 'Chhhst' "The microphone is working. This makes it easier to communicate with each other." 'Tst' I listened to her explain.

"Now, let's get going." 'Cht' "Also, keep in mind that you'll need to resurface from time to time to ensure you keep your oxygen." 'Bzzt' "Since you have the High Capacity O² tank, you'll have only a couple minutes of usable oxygen before needing to resurface." I gave a sharp nod in understanding, "Now that I know what to do, what the fuck are we looking for? So, since you like to run your mouth so much, you should start explaining what our objective is." I said, not realizing that what I said could have come off as rude. (F/n) halfheartedly smiled and began explaining our objective.

"Alright, so since we have multiple suits and gear to make, we'll need a various amount of materials. Such as Creepvine samples to make the fiber mesh, and lead to make the suits." 'Chht' I had my gaze focused on her to at least show that I was trying to understand what she was saying, but then my gaze shifted to look at all the strange fish swimming around us. The weird colorful abundance of fish would've overwhelmed me had I been someone else. "We'll also need titanium for a number of the gear, and diamonds, gold, copper, silver, and-- Ugh, what was that last thing we needed? Oh well! It'll come to me eventually!" I heard her continue on as one passed in front of her face. 'She's not even phased by their presence. What a strange woman.' I thought to myself as I noticed a rather odd-looking fish in the distance.

I decided to speak up, bothered about the huge looking fish. "What the fuck is that?" (F/n) looked over her shoulder seeming to realize what it is. "Oh," She started, looking back over to me. "That's just something called a Gasopod. They're not that dangerous. As long as you don't bother them of course." (F/n) said nonchalantly while checking her weird glass looking thing I believe she calls a PDA. "How are they dangerous?" I asked, glancing over at the ugly looking fish every now and then. "They basically shoot weird poison pods at you. Beautiful right?" (F/n) said, smiling at me when my face cringed with absolute disgust. "That is fucking revolting." I grunted, to which she let out a laugh and spoke up again. "You should smell them out of water! It's such a pain the get the smell off your suit." She said with a smile, much to my horror.

"I'll keep that in mind..." I mumbled disgusted. Taking out my heated knife, I immediately became impressed at the temperature it held under the water. We soon began making our way to what looked like blades of grass sticking to dark green ropes. "So now," (F/n) said, spinning towards me.

"Okay, so here's what we're gonna do."

(HELLOOOOOOO!!!!! GUESS WHO'S BAAACCCKK!!!!! Me lol. It has been over a year since this book last updated. Unfortunately, my old Co-Author is no longer working with me on this fanfic but luckily I recently (yesterday) got a new Co-Author! I hope you all will still love the way the book is written and I hope you'll love her. Expect chapter uploads every Wednesday and Friday! See ya next Friday!!!)