xxiv. court part two

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* twenty-four: court part 2✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
twenty-four: court part 2
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The walk with James outside the court and down to the coffee shop was quiet. He went in and got her a latte with extra cream and a donut. She was starving and she was glad she was being able to eat before going back into the room. He, however, looked too ill to even begin to eat.

Dawn didn't know what she was supposed to say to him.

She was angry about what happened with her mum, to her mum. Instead, she just glanced around. London was very quiet which made sense considering after what happened at the ministry- ever since Voldemort was known to be back everyone stayed indoors because they knew what was coming. She wondered what Hogwarts was going to be like in the coming year.

She also reminded herself that it was going to be different since Harry let it slip in the elevator about her being his sister. Now, Luna and Neville both knew about her being his sister.

Her eyes flickered up at James: she reminded herself that time was short. She learnt the hard way. She told herself not to hold any grudges anymore.

"You continue to lie," she told him swiftly with no sting to her tone. At this stage, she was fed up. "Why do you do that? Why do you hide stuff from me?"

He grimaced. "I don't know. I don't know why I act so stupid sometimes, it just happens." she heard the honesty in his voice. "I should have told you during the summer but we were getting along and I didn't want to ruin it."

"You're right." Dawn mentions taking a sip of her drink. "You're stupid."

"Why didn't you tell me about the blackmailing or what Umbridge did to you?" he asked after a moment.

She hadn't an answer right away but after a moment of thinking, she did. "I have two answers. The first one is that sometimes I feel like you're...ashamed of me-"

"You know I'm not ashamed of you at all-"

"James, you're a celebrity who has a secret kid with another woman!" she whispers in a low voice. "I know it's not what you wanted-"

"Dawn, you do realise that Lily and I couldn't have any more children, right?" he asked quietly. "We both wanted another child, and I know you're not Lily's child but oddly we got lucky-"

"Odd interpretation of luck, dad."

"I know but still-"