v. trouble

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* five: trouble✧・゚: *✧・゚:

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
five: trouble
✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Sarah Kale was most definitely not expecting anyone to be at her door on Sunday morning at seven o'clock.

The loud knock had awoken her from her deep slumber, presuming it was the mailman she didn't answer at first. Typically, they rarely had guests unless it her sister, who usually never came only, or one of Dawn's friends. However, as the knocks increased she realised that it wasn't someone she knew.

"I'm coming!" she bellows as she fumbles with the keys in her hands. "One second, give it a rest-"

She swung open the door revealing James Potter and Sirius Black.

Much to her disappointment, she had a feeling that he would be visiting her soon. She was overwhelmed immediately and tried to think about the ways she could handle this situation. She knew there was always the possibility that he could find out, it was always there: she just never expected it to happen. Before Sarah could even say a word, James had pushed his way in.

Her nose crinkled. "Help yourself in."

Sirius sends her an apologetic look. "I apologise in advance for this."

Sarah allows Sirius to enter before shutting the door. She takes a deep breath before entering the living room. She should have known this day would come. She should have prepared for what she was going to say. However, she was sure that her daughter would never have to meet him, especially under the circumstances of Dawn dropping her book.

Out of all the things, it was a book.

As she enters the living room for the first time in fourteen years, Sarah got a glimpse of how much her daughter truly did take in appearance after her father.

" Is she mine?" were the first words that came out of his mouth.

"Get right into it then," Sirius mentioned as he bit into a peanut butter cookie that had been on the table, " thought we had a plan."

"She?" Sarah rose a brow.

"Dawn. Is Dawn my daughter?"

"No." were the first words that came from her mouth, and for a split second, just a second she saw the disappointment on his face. "I mean well yes she's your biological daughter...but she's not your daughter. I found out a couple weeks after we...."

James felt the small room become a lot more smaller as he sat down on the uncomfortable couch. He ran a hand through his hair, his breath had hitched in his throat and he found he couldn't speak in the moment.