xvii. fiery flames

▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪

Dawn isn't surprised that on Tuesday morning she's in detention with Snape.

She forgot her book last time she had potions. But she is surprised when he isn't in the classroom when she arrives. So that brings her to where she is now, waiting on a stool in the middle of the dungeons.

She hopes that he doesn't make her do lines which in her opinion was the worst type of detention. Also, she hopes he doesn't make her stamp and file any older detention forms. Such as the marauders that he so desperately hates.

( She related to James Potter on a spiritual level as she too hated Snape )

She thought about James Potter and smiles. She was kind of nervous that he was coming to see her task.

She's brought out of her thoughts as Snape comes barging into the classroom.

" Your late." she takes her feet off the table and removes her sunglasses, " I've been waiting here for almost fifteen minutes. I have much better things to be doing on my Tuesday morning."

" Always the clown Miss Kale." Snape sneers in her direction then dropped a box of documents on her desk, " These won't fax themselves."

" Who even says fax anymore." she mumbles under her breath, he looks at her, " Oh that's right. Snape does."

His lips curl into an angry scowl as he turns back to the board and begins writing.

The detention ends as the students come pilling into the room. Much to her utter disappointment, it was her year meaning she had potions right now. She gives Snape back his documents which she randomly stamped every second one and she looks around.

She eyes land on Fletcher who was sitting down beside Malfoy. His melodic laugh bellows through the potions classroom and she found herself cherishing the small laugh that followed him. His dark-grey colored eyes looked at Draco as he shook his head.

It was as if he felt a set of eyes on him, he turned his head and looks sideways in her direction. The moment the eyes of the pair met he smiled at her.

When she spots Harry coming she grabs her books, ignores Fletcher then pushes past Ron and sits beside him. Harry glances over at her and raises an eyebrow.

" I've been here all morning. Snape has been annoying me beyond reason, more than usual. I made this for you."

From her back pocket, she pulls out one of the famous POTTER STINKS badges. It was made by the Slytherin's surprise, surprise. Harry looks at it and raises an eyebrow at the white writing suddenly changes to - MALFOY IS A FERRET -