iv. pinky promises

▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪

"Oh Dawn Kale, James' little princess!"

Dawn and Matthew had both been sitting on the couch laughing, until Fred strolls in making the comment, alongside his quieter identical twin.

The Weasley Twins over the last week had done nothing, but commented on the fact that her and James had gotten somewhat closer.

She pulls away from Matthew. "Don't you two have children to be scaring right now." she glares at them both before adding, "And I am not his princess."

Even Matthew chuckles at this. She gives him a look, and he stops.

Both Weasley twins take their food and leave. Like they did everyday.

Dawn turns back to Matthew and rested her head in her hand, " What were you saying?"

Matthew blinks in confusion before remembering he had been telling her a story about his friend Dean who got suspended for accidentally setting the school's lab on fire.

She sits there watching him and nodding every few seconds.

And although in the moment she told herself not to be silly, Dawn Kale had a massive crush on the boy.

Yep, she was slowly starting to feel something other than angry. It was shocking to her as well. Matthew was the definition of the most perfect boy. He was handsome, he was really clever, and could hold a conversation so well. Since knowing him there had never been any awkward pauses. He also opened the doors for anyone who was walking by and got them whatever they needed from the kitchen. He was a true gentleman.

" So," Matthew huffs out at the end of his story, " Have you decided whether or not your going to Florida?"

Dawn bits her lip in a thought. No she hadn't. Frankly she had been spending most days with James to even think about Florida. She had forgot that she might not be going back to Hogwarts. Things had been going good at the moment. She felt slightly more normal than how she felt these last few months. Her nightmares had decreased slightly and now she was only waking up once a night.

She shakes her head. " I sort of forgot. Thanks for the reminder though."

Matthew scratched his neck. " Sorry. It would have been nice to see you in Hogwarts."

Dawn actually smiles, her heart pounding whilst doing so. " Yeah, your definitely a Gryffindor."

Matthew snorts. " More like a cheery Hufflepuff. How about a Slytherin? I would rock those robes."