xiii. good influence

▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪

James Potter had a problem: and she was five foot five (she had grown taller the last time he saw her) and had hickory brown hair, followed by cinnamon eyes.

In the Potter household, also known as Godric's Hollow for the usual Sunday dinner, the house was full. Around the dinner table, it consisted of many people including Remus Lupin, Sirius Black and Marlene McKinnon.

"What's taking James so long?" Sirius groaned, "I had a really funny joke I wanted to tell him, and now I've forgotten it!"

"He's trying to call Sarah again," Lily explained, with a sympathetic tone. "He wants to sort out something with Dawn task, a safety drill or something like that, he did it with Harry's-"

"God Lily, I don't know how you can do it," Marlene huffed, "If my husband was trying to ring another woman constantly, and always was going over to her house I would be so pissed-"

"It was a mistake. We weren't together at the time and I understand that. He made a mistake."

"Still, aren't you upset he had a daughter with another woman?"

Before the red haired woman could even respond, a large huff was heard and James came walking in and sat down.

"She won't answer my calls," he mumbles which makes Lily shift in her seat ignoring the look Marlene sent her. "I've tried like fifteen times now, and the other day I tried to go to her house and she wasn't home."

"That's called stalking."

" It's not stalking," James immediately says, " At this stage I think I'm going to have to find her work schedule, print it off and wait outside her office or something."

(Must be a Potter thing)

Sirius and Marlene coughed; "Stalker."

Remus speaks." I still can't believe you have a daughter. Like a literal human being who shares the same blood as you-"

"It is mental. She's fourteen! Fourteen years you didn't know her! Absolutely mental!" Sirius booms.

James shrugs and continues to eat the bowl of fruit below him.

"Exactly, I just don't want to wait any longer, I mean it's already hard enough as it is and at this stage I frankly don't care about keeping it a secret anymore. I've missed enough of her life."