xi. christmas time

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

CHRISTMAS TIME

▪▪▪▪▪

It felt like Dawn was just back into Hogwarts before she was packing to leave, again.

Today, the sun shined bright across Hogwarts, and up in the Gryffindor dormitory she packed away her belongings. She thinks back to the last couple days and how awkward it had been between herself, Fletcher and Matthew. In Herbology there was a group project and since Fletcher sat beside her and the opposite side Matthew did, they were stuck together.

It was like a strange triangle she didn't want to be in.

And it turned out horribly, Fletcher didn't speak much, and only let out a small chuckle when Dawn
almost slipped. Matthew was worse and hadn't even said a word, not even when she spoke to him.

She was almost positive as well they spent half the class glaring at each other.

Merlin, she thinks, why did all the bad stuff have to happen to her?

Colleen had picked up on this and spent the last few hours asking her about both boys.

" So your telling me Matthew hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend yet? But Fletcher has practically confessed his love to you?"

" No! And Matthew and I have only been on one date." Dawn mentions with a shrug. " But we have snogged. I haven't really thought about it. Besides, some other things have gotten in the way."

Colleen smiles softly, " I think we all know who your talking about. Just friends my ass."

" Fletcher and I are just friends-"

" You two are literally the opposite-"

" We aren't. I told him off-"

"-But you still like him."

Her mouth opens to respond but doesn't. Dawn sits up on the bed and ignores what she says. Instead she runs a hand through her hair and thinks. She didn't even know what to think. When she thinks of Fletcher she thinks of him leaving, and she reminds herself of how she felt when he left. When she does this she also thinks of how she felt about him before he left.

She did like him back then. Part of her still does, she thinks.

But there was Matthew. She liked Matthew, he was there all the time for her.