xxi. the ministry of magic

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* twenty-one: the ministry of magic✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
twenty-one: the ministry of magic
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Are you sure these thestrals are even here?"

Fletcher practically pulled Dawn through the woods, in search of the thestrals he apparently saw at the start of the year. She also remembered seeing them, but wouldn't have even thought to use them. Hagrid wasn't in his hunt when they arrived down to ask him, and the Quidditch pitch was locked.

"Right ahead of us. They are up there. I can see them."

Dawn looked ahead and saw a group of thestrals by the end of the woods. The two of them ran up to them and exchanged looks. They were tall creatures, and didn't appear the most friendliest.

"How do you think the others have been?" Fletcher asked. "There's a chance maybe James was at the fire place and is fine."

"Maybe he isn't though."

"What should we do?"

"I don't know yet but I reckon maybe we
should take one and fly. We can go the grounds and see if they are waiting."

Dawn looked at him, and nods. She looked towards the thestrals and makes a face. When she turns she seen Fletcher had climbed up into the Thestral with ease.

"Did I tell you that other than small spaces, the other thing I'm terrified of is heights." Dawn tells him uncomfortably, turning to him.

Fletcher extends both his hands and pulls her up on to the same thestral as him. She wraps her arms around his torso. "I think I'm going to be sick. What happens if I fall-"

Fletcher turns. "Just hold on tight. You need to confront your fears to get over them."

Dawn blinked, and held on tightly. "Right confront my fears to get over them-"

Her sentence was cut off when suddenly the thestral darted off into the air and the rest of them followed with him in suit. She let out a small scream and could tell they were miles above Hogwarts.

Fletcher let out a laugh. "Open your eyes, Kale. Look at the view!"

She didn't look only squeezed her eyes closer. "I've seen Hogwarts a million times. I don't need to see it again."

"You've never seen it like this though."

Dawn hesitantly opened one eye and looked across Hogwarts. Her eyes widened. He was right, she'd never seen it like this before. It looked much bigger than it felt. They flew over the Black Lake, and Fletcher spotted everyone coming out of the woods.