xxi. marauders map

▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪

Two days after her suspension she found herself back in the potions dungeons conversing in conversation with Hermione Granger.

They had been making a first years potion which she found easy enough. She was surprised to say the least but when Granger approached her inquiring about her suspensions she told her why and since then the two had been talking.

" So you did snog him then? Just to clarify, you know? For my book."

" I did not snog him! I'm offended."

" Lies Granger. Absolute lies."

An eyebrow rose in Hermione's direction by Dawn who sent her a look. Dawn had been inquiring Hermione about her relation with Viktor Krum. After she spilled the details about what happened between her and Ethan and their break up, Dawn decided maybe it was time the brunette let out some information.

Dawn had seen Ethan three times since the breakup and every time it had been pleasant enough. He was a nice boy but he wasn't the boy who was on her mind when the word love came into mind. Although that was a whole different story.

" We are perfectly happy with our relationship at the moment. We're taking things slowly. He's very respectful towards me. I enjoy his company."

" I wouldn't write that on your dating bio, Hermione. Do you like long walks on beech as well?"

Hermione sends her a look.

Dawn nudges her in the shoulder, " I'm only messing. I think Krum is nice. Kinda mysterious. Bit hot if you ask me."

Hermione went to speak only for Ron and Harry to come trudging over. Both of them had made their potions wrong and Snape was forcing them both to start again.

" I told you!" Ron lays out a copy of the Daily Prophet in front of them, Dawn reaches forward pulling it down to herself and Hermione as they begun reading what is said. " I told you not to about Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of. . scarlet women."

Dawn stops. " Scarlet woman?"

" It's what my mum calls them," Ron mumbles, the corner of his ears going red.

Hermione throws it across the table and scoffs loudly, " If this the best Rita can do, she's losing her touch. What a pile of old rubbish."

Dawn continues to stir her potion. Hermione clears her throat. " There's something funny though, how could she have known?"