xii. new years

▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪

" Can I invite anyone to this New Years Eve party?"

Around the Potter table Dawn sits across from James and Lily. Her head planted in her hands, as she looks at them both. According to James, every year there was a New Years party, in some fancy restaurant - except this year they were holding it in their second house.

( The same house James and Dawn had smashed up at the start of the year, except Lily had gotten someone in to fix it. )

Apparently a lot of people came every year. Obviously all of James and Lily's friends came, and then most of their old friends from Hogwarts.

On top of that all of their famous friends they have made came as well.

" Anyone you want," James agreed before adding, " As long as there is no boys. I think we've already got enough on our hands as it is."

When he says this her eyes additionally turn over towards Fletcher and Harry who are in the living room playing some game on the television. Apparently it was a limited edition, and since Harry was quite popular, he got it early.

Fletcher had been there for a week so far, he got along with everyone, except James. Him and Harry had been attached to the bloody hip, meaning she didn't even hang out with him that much.

" So I can't invite Drew-"

" Of corse you can invite Drew." Lily said.

" Do I have to go?" Dawn requests, tilting her head. " Can we just stay here?"

" Do you want us all to stay here?" says James.

" No, I meant just Fletcher and I." Dawn made sure to give James a puppy eyed look as she requested this.

Harry snorts from the living room and it takes everything in Dawn's body not to turn around and hit him.

Before James could even say another thing, Lily had interjected. Lily could tell over the last week that Fletcher staying had annoyed James. Lily didn't think it was Fletcher that he didn't like, it was more so the fact Dawn had been growing up. He already missed so much, and it was only a matter of time before she decided to move out.

" What do you want to do, Fletcher?" asks Lily, gaining both boys attention. " Do you want to go to the party, or would you prefer to stay here?"

" I'll go wherever Dawn's going." Fletcher calls.

Lily sends Dawn a suggestive look.