EPILOGUE

DUSK TILL DAWN:

DUSK TILL DAWN:

EPILOGUE

▪▪▪▪▪

"Which colour shoes? The blue or red ones?"

James held up her two pairs of runners. The overwhelming fear that Dawn would never return home to get one of them was stuck in her mind. She wanted to convince James that she would be coming home soon, but she didn't know. It was the day she was suppose to be leaving except none of her stuff was packed and she didn't want to go.

She stood in her bedroom - because it was her bedroom. She and James spent the entire summer designing the room. The bag window James put in. Everything about the room was her room. Even the house was her house, it was her home.

"I'll bring both." Dawn swallowed and James put them into one of the brown boxes on the floor. She packed her clothes up and he was doing the shoes. "You can leave the white pair here though, they don't fit me anymore."

He nodded, quietly.

Shit. He was being so quiet since she arrived this morning she almost wanted to leave. She had spent the last week with Dave and was only allowed to see him today, which just so happened to be the day she was leaving. Her room was almost empty as this stage and there was only a few things left for her to buy. Dawn hadn't the packing though - that was Lily and Harry.

"My flight leaves in two hours. Dave's coming to collect me and then we're going to the airport." she mentions offhandedly in a low voice. He continues packing but nods. "He thinks it's safest if we don't use floo powder."

"He's right. Is this your first time going to an airport?"

"Yeah, never been on a plane before."

"You'll like it. Hopefully the weather isn't bad." James forced a smile and she could see through it. "Florida will be nice though. They have small wizarding schools over there. The weather will always be good too. Nice beaches too."

Dawn's mouth opened and closed but nothing came out for a few moments. She could see he was hurting and it made her feel bad. "We'll see each other soon-"

"I can't see you until this time next year. You're nearly sixteen right now and you'll be almost seventeen the next time I see you, Dawn." James whispers, shaking his head. "I'll be missing everything again. Your audition for your Quidditch spot. Everything, I'm going to be missing everything. It's not fair."