x. wandless

▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪

"Potter, Kale, will you two pay attention?"

The phrase had been thrown at both of the Gryffindor's at the back of the classroom. Neither of them responded at first, and both pulled away from the conversation they were engaged in.

"Harry I'm telling you this one last time," she whispered. "I've tried everything."

Harry sighed but not at her, more at the fact neither of them had a clue (once again).

"What have you tried so far?"

"Let's just say this clump of hair missing from my scalp was from all the fire spells I've tried. I've also tried using charms to open it and nothing. I also can't freeze it open, so there's nothing else. I do have a plan though."

Harry raised an eyebrow, "And that is?"

" I'll ask someone smart, aka Cedric Diggory." she grins, he rolls his eyes. " I printed his schedule out so I know what lessons he's in next. I'll just wait outside the door then casually bump into him."

Harry scoffed. "You do know that's called stalking?"

The relationship between Harry and Dawn had slowly being devolving since they both got picked for the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

She went from never really speaking to the boy who lived to almost talking to him every day.

Dawn gasped offended. "I'm not a stalker! This is for the both of us-"

"That's what all stalkers say." Harry snips back.

From the back of the classroom the sound of her notebook hitting Harry's head, made the class go quiet again.

"If I have to give out to the both of you again down the back," McGonagall sends them both a narrowing glare. "You will be both in detention until Christmas."

"Now that Potter and Kale have decided to act their age-" her irritated voice cracked like a whip around the room, "I have something to inform you all of. The Yule Ball is approaching, a traditional part of the Tournament, and an opportunity for us to socialist with our fourth year guests. Now, the ball will be open to fourth years and above."

She banged her head off the table.

To say things in the least, she had never been quite the best at dressing up and attending social events. Colleen was, but her and Drew weren't. She would have much preferred to spend the night in the Common Room.