Come Back- 1

Specially for EyezDontLie

PRESENT DAY
JISOO

I was trying to get a little more sleep after waking up a few minutes earlier than I was supposed to but the universe clearly had other plans.

"Jisoo-yah! Come down quickly!"

"Yes Mum!"

I quickly got out of bed and ran myself a hot bath.

"Soo! You're going to be late!" I stopped everything I was doing when I heard that name.

I haven't heard that name in five years.

And I didn't need to hear it.

I picked up my books that accidentally got knocked over and stacked them neatly on the shelf.

I grabbed my towel and went into my bathroom.

TIMESKIP

I pulled my hair into a ponytail as I walked, well, rushed down the stairs.

"G--"

"Come have breakfast quickly honey. We have no time to waste"

I nodded and went to have breakfast.

She was still shuffling her things into a bag.

"Mum..."

"Yes Jisoo? Is everything alright?" She asked hastily.

"Yes. I was just wondering if we could have breakfast.. together?" I asked with a lot of hope.

"I'm sorry Jisoo.. you know how tight my schedule is, I can't" She said and placed her hand on my cheek.

"It's okay" I looked away so she couldn't see my glossy eyes.

It's been years since we had breakfast together, like a family.

"But I hope you remember why we started this" She said in a serious tone and I looked up.

"Yes" I lowered my head as I gave her an answer.

"Be done with your food in five minutes, I'll tell the driver to get the car ready" She told me with that strict tone and I nodded.

"Okay"

TIMESKIP

After a drive of complete silence, Mum and I got to the skyscraper that was our company building.

We got out of the car and I followed her.

She never let's me out of her sight, literally.

"Remember what I told you yesterday, Soo?"

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and put on a poker face.

"Yes, we're having an important meeting with some investors today"

"Not just any investors dear, they're the best of the best. You can tell by their records in the business and how much success...." I tuned her out after 'records'.

I really wasn't in the mood to hear about some grumpy old men coming to pour their money into our business.

It's not like we need it badly, we still have enough funds to last us for years to come.

And my guess is Mum just wants to make some good 'loyal acquaintances'.

Yeah, that's it.

"... so that's why nothing needs to go wrong today Soo. Put up your perfection attitude" She said with enthusiasm.