Thirteen

Lucas' POV

*next day at school*

Okay. So you all are probably wondering why I was kissing Lindsay. Well here's why:

Flash back
I walk down the hall to my locker, to get my stuff. I then hear a voice next to me, "Hey Lucas." I turn to see Lindsay flirtatiously waving to me. "Uh... Hi Lindsay." "So, I hear you and Maddie went out on a date last night." "Yeah, so?" I asked. "Well I was thinking, why would you want to even go out with her?! I'm so much better." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Okay, first off, that girl is my BEST FRIEND, and second off, I asked her out because I LIKE HER, not YOU." She steps closer to me, "Oh come on Lucas. You don't really mean that." After that, she smashes her lips onto mine and starts kissing me. "Get off me," I pushed her off. I scoff and slam my locker shut, and went to my class.
*End of flashback*

I have to find Maddie.

Maddie's POV

Took a deep breath before I stepped into the school.

As I walk in I see Lucas smiling and walking towards me. I glare at him and quickly walk the opposite direction of me. I spot Blake and run over to him. "Hey!" "Hi," he smiled.

Then, in the corner of my eye, I see Piper running to me. "Where were you yesterday?! I was worr- who is this?" She looked at Blake. "He was my neighbor and best friend from kindergarten until I moved. He just moved back here a few days ago." "Oh, hi I'm Piper," "Blake." She turned back to me, "Hey where's Lucas?" I bit my lip and tried to hold back my tears, "I'll tell you in the bathroom before lunch. Promise." "Okay..."

*later during the day*
I was walking down to the cafeteria by the bathroom, when someone pulls me in. It was Piper, "Okay, now tell me what happened between you and Lucas. And I want ALL the details." She pointed at me. "Well after the we went to the movies, Lucas drove me home and almost kissed me-" "What?!" She shrieked. "Let me finish!" "Oh yeah, sorry!" "Well before we could kiss, my dad walked in on us. So yesterday before history, I wanted to look for Lucas and apologize. So then I found him but.... He was kissing Lindsay"

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry Maddie!" She hugged me, and that's when the tears started to fall out. "I swear, when I see him, I'm going to pound him until he cries." I stop crying, and pushed back Piper, while holding her arms. "No. I don't want that." "Uh, okay? Then what do you want?" "For now, I want him to be at least 100 feet away from me." She smiled, "Okay, it's your call."