Twenty Two

I woke up and stared at the ceiling, smiling. Looking back and forth from the ceiling and my bracelet. Today is the dance, the day I get my best friend back.

******************************

Maddie's POV
I woke up, and sat up straight, sighing. I rubbed my eyes, I hope this dance will be somewhat bearable. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, and looked at my bare neck. I sighed, "Sometimes I feel like I miss him. But, I really shouldn't."

I then did my normal routine, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and headed downstairs for breakfast. "This is going to be a long day," I said to myself, as I walked down.

*skipping to when they get ready for the dance*

I stood there, looking at my reflection in my mirror. I smoothed down my dress, and took a deep breath. "Just have fun and don't worry about anything else." I told myself.

***************************

Lucas' POV
"Lucas! Your friends are here!" I smiled and ran down the stairs with my suit and tie on.

Piper and Jason walked in hand in hand, "Hey dude." Jason in came for a man hug. "You ready?" Piper asked, "Yes," I smiled. Time to get my best friend back.

*at the dance*

"Wow, they really went all out this year," Piper said, looking around the gymnasium. "Yeah," my gaze catching something else. Piper and Jason looked in the direction where I was looking. "Wow," I managed to say.

The doors were open, where Maddie stood. I couldn't help but stare.

**************************
Maddie's POV
I looked around the gymnasium and smiled at the decorations. That is until I saw someone.

Lucas.

I quickly ducked behind one of the tables, but I'm pretty sure he saw me. I looked at my other side and saw two other people.

Blake... with Lindsay.

"Okay Maddie, keep your cool. Just have fun and don't worry about anything else." I whispered to myself and took a deep breath. "I need some punch," and I stood up and walked out from my spot.

******************************
Lucas' POV

"Lucas! Hello?" "It's time dude!" Jason snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Oh yeah, sorry." I lost my focus on Maddie. "Let's go."

The three of us quickly exited the gym and ran down the hallway to the office. "Okay, you two keep watch and cover me," they both nodded.

I slowly opened the door, and closed it behind me quietly. I made my way down to the room with all the camera controls.

"Now where is that tape?" I scanned the room.

"Oh uh, hey Mr. Donovan! What are you doing here?" I heard Jason's voice from outside. "I would like to ask you two the same thing." Shoot. I have to find that tape.

I quickly looked at all the cameras, and finally found the one hall Lindsay and I were in. "Bingo," I smiled. I grabbed the tape and headed back.

Though when I walked out, I forgot Mr. Donovan was still there. "What were you doing in there Lucas?" Think Lucas, think. "Oh um, my mom called me, saying that she dropped this tape off for me. It's full of all the high school pictures for the seniors. And she wanted me to show it during the dance." He brightened, "Oh how nice! Well you guys better hurry back to the dance, so you can present that video!"

"Yeah okay, bye!" Piper pulled both mine and Jason's arms back to the gym.

Just in time, they were announcing the king and your queen. "And now, your new King and Queen is... Blake Aarons and Lindsay Goldwin!" "Douches," I muttered under my breath and rolled my eyes. "Come on!" Piper motioned us to the video player. I quickly popped in the tape.

"Thank you, thank you so much! I just want to say how-" Lindsay was cut off my the projector behind turning on. "What?" She turned around, as Jason turned off the lights.

"So I heard you and Maddie went on a date last night." "Yeah, so?" "Well I was thinking, why would you want to even go on a date with her?! I'm so much better than her." "Okay, first off, that girl is my BEST FRIEND, and second off, I asked her out because I LIKE HER, not YOU." "Oh come on Lucas. You don't really mean that."

There were gasps when Lindsay smashed her lips onto mine.

"Get off me."

The video ended and Jason turned the lights back on. Everyone started to and throw stuff at Lindsay. "Ugh!" I looked around the room for Maddie, until I finally found her. She was covering her mouth, and locked eyes with me. She quickly ran out of the school crying.

"Maddie wait!" I yelled running after her.

As soon as I got outside, she was no where to be found.

A/n: OMG I think this is the longest chapter I've ever written for this book, but this one was my favorite!

Now what do you think:

Where did Maddie go?

Do you think there will be still some tension between her and Lucas?
Comment your answers!
3+ votes for next chapter? (Oh and btw, this book has like one chapter left, and maybe even an epilogue.)