Eleven

Maddie's POV
"Would you like to go on a date with me?" I freeze, and stare at him. What should I do?

Lucas cleared his throat awkwardly, "You know what? Maybe I shouldn't have-" I hug him, "I'd love to," I whispered into his ear. We broke the hug and smiled at each other.

"Whoo!!!" "Alright!!" We heard screaming, and looked over to see Piper and Jason cheering. I looked back at Lucas, "And just so you know, this date doesn't have to be-" "Extravagant. I know, the movies." He smiled. "Perfect."

*After school*
I look at my mirror and exclaim, "WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!?" I pulled my hair in exasperation. "I need to call Piper." I picked up my phone and dialed her number. "Madds, my new nickname for you!" "Uh... Okay... Pipes?" "Yay! New nickname for me! Anyways! What's up?" "I have no idea what to where!" "Okay, first off, take a deep breath and relax." I did what I was told. "Ok, now here's a few tips. Don't dress up too much. But, don't dress too down. just where something you feel nice and comfortable, but still appropriate." I had the perfect outfit in mind.

"Okay! Thanks Pipes! I know exactly what I'm going to wear!" "Yep, no problem!" I hung up the phone.

I quickly ran to my closet and picked out my clothes.

I put on a white romper with a beige cardigan, black tights, and brown, short combat boots. (Outfit in the pic, in the beginning.) I looked back in the mirror, put on my necklace and smiled. "I can't believe I'm going on a date. With my best friend," I said to myself.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

"Maddie! Lucas is here!" My mom yells out to me. "Coming!" I shout, as I run down the stairs. "Wow." Lucas said, staring at me. I smiled, "you don't look too bad yourself." "Okay, now no go have fun you two cuties." My mom said, pinching our cheeks.

My dad then walks in, "Now. Young man. I don't want any funny business. You got that?" He grabbed Lucas' shirt. "Yes sir," he said with wide eyes. "Dad! Stop it! Come on Lucas." I grabbed his hand, and we walked out the door.

*at the movies*
Lucas bought tickets to The Maze Runner for the two of us. We shared a large popcorn and a large drink.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

During the movie, Lucas put his arm around my shoulders, allowing me to rest my head on him.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

After the movies, we decided to go to the photo booth. The first picture was of us smiling. The second was us make duck face, then the third one was us laughing. Finally, the last one was of me laughing while Lucas kissed me on the cheek. And since there was two copies of the photos, we each both got one.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

Lucas then drove me home, and walked my to my apartment.

"I had fun tonight," I smiled. "Me too," he said also smiling. He starts to lean in and so do I. We were at least 2 inches away, until my door opened. "Ahem," my dad cleared his throat. I quickly turned around to face him. "Hey dad." Lucas scratched his neck, and awkwardly laughed. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow Maddie." "Yeah, see you tomorrow." Then I walked in my apartment with my dad. as I closed the door, I glared at my dad.

"What?" He put his hands up in surrender. I rolled my eyes and changed it to a smile. "Nothing," I said as I thought about the date.