Five

Maddie's POV
As Piper and I walked in the cafeteria, I got really excited when I saw Lucas. "Why are you so happy?" She asked. "I have no idea," I admitted while smiling. When we walk towards the table, I notice someone else sitting with Lucas.

Before I could say a word, or even sit down, Lucas got up and hugged me. "Why are you hugging me?" I asked. "I missed my best friend." "But we just saw each other, like 15 minutes ago." "Longest 15 minutes in my entire life," he complained. I laughed and returned the hug.

Once we separated, we sat back down. "Hi I'm Jason," the guy said who was sitting at the table too. "Hi, I'm Maddie. Lucas, this is Piper." I introduced. "Nice to meet you," we all shook hands with each other.

"Hey Piper, you look really pretty today," Jason said. "Thanks..." She blushed and looked away, but she was smiling too. I looked back at Lucas, who was giving a high five to Jason.

Hmm.... I guess they must like each other, I thought looking back and forth at Piper and Jason.

----after school----
After school, I invited to Piper and Jason to come over at my house with Lucas. I lived in an apartment, and we had to walk down a long hallway. As we walked down the hall, Piper and I walked in front of Lucas and Jason, while they were walking behind us.

"Hey, I think Lucas likes you," Piper leaned over. "Me? Pshh, no." "Well, do you like him?" She asked. "What? No... I mean we're only best friends." I've been asking myself that question a bunch of times today. "Well, that doesn't mean you can't like him." She said looking back at the two. I blushed and turned my head away from her, smiling.

Lucas' POV
Piper and Maddie were talking about something. I think it was about me, because Piper looked at us as they talked. Then I saw Maddie try to hide a smile, blushing.

Adorable.

"Lucas!" I jumped, "What?" "You were staring at Maddie again," he replied with a straight face. "I was? Dang it." I blushed. "Dude, it's obvious that you like her, why don't you ask her out?" "I would, but I don't even know if she likes me back." "Yeah, sure she doesn't," he says sarcastically and rolls his eyes. "Besides, why don't you ask out Piper?" I challenge him. "Touché."