Sixteen

Maddie's POV
I walk into school without saying a word, and try to avoid Piper, Jason, and Lucas.

I got my things from my locker, and saw Blake, so I walked up to him. "Hi," he smiled. I managed to put on a fake smile. "Hey are you okay?" I nodded, still not saying anything. "Okay...hey so are you going to the dance this weekend?" Before I could answer, I heard Lindsay laughing. I turned around and saw her walking with Lucas, their hands interlocked with each other.

He looked at me, then quickly looked down. I had a lump in my throat, and I ran to the bathroom. 'What is going on?' I asked myself.

Lucas' POV
"Leave me alone Lindsay," I brushed off her hand. "Okay, but one thing, are you going to dance this weekend?" "Yeah why?" "Well I was thinking we could go together," she winked at me and walked into the classroom. I looked up and sighed, "Sweet baby jesus, help me."

*******************************
As I walked into the cafeteria, I looked around for Jason, but I didn't see him. Though, I did see Maddie, who was of course, sitting with Blake. "Ugh," I rolled my eyes and found Piper and sat down with her.

"Hey how'd it go with you and Maddie." "Awful!" She buried her face into hands. "I don't think she will ever forgive us again," she admitted. I agreed. I decided to give up.

"Hey guys guess what?!? They're selling slushies for 2$!" Jason came running with five slushies in his hands.

"Ugh, I'm dating an idiot," "A hot idiot," he added. Piper brightened up and pecked him on the cheek.

I slumped down my seat and sighed. "That could've been me and Maddie," I say under my breath.

******************************

Maddie's POV
I sat my bedroom window and replayed the morning at school today. Was I jealous Lucas that is with Lindsay? Maybe? No I shouldn't be. Do I care that Lindsay has got him wrapped around her? Yes? No. I am not. He broke my heart, and I shouldn't worry about him or Lindsay.

His loss. I picked my phone and dialed in a number. "Hey! I was wondering, do you date for the dance yet?"
_______________________________
A/n:

Hmm, I wonder who Maddie's talking to?

Do you think Lucas will be going to the dance?

Will Maddie and Lucas ever be the same again?

Comment down your answers, and tell me what you think!