Eight

Maddie's POV

I tried to pick up my pace, but I guess I wasn't fast enough, because Lucas ended up walking right next to me. "Hey Maddie," "Hi Lucas." I didn't look at him.

He stopped me and walked in front of me so we were face to face. "Are you avoiding me?" He asked. Yes, and I guess it was pretty obvious. "No, not at all." I put on a smile. "Good," he grinned.

Oh god, how could I not fall for his smile. It's... it's so- stop it Maddie. you can't fall for him, or else Lindsey will kill you.

"So, do you want to go ahead and work on the project for history?" "Umm... Sure." "My house fine?" "Yup."

*at Lucas' house*

"Ugh, I hate history. I don't get the point of it," Lucas complained. "Come on, you can do this," I encouraged him. "At least tell me the first five presidents," I said looking in my book.

"Okay, I got this. It's Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe." "Good! Now tell their accomplishments they have made." "What!?! Ugh!" He laid on his back and put his hands over his face.

I smiled. "Come on Lucas," I teased him. He peaked in between his fingers, "How about something else?" I raised an eyebrow.

He walked over to his speakers and plugged in his phone. He pressed play and The Vamps started playing. Move My Way, my favorite song. (Hehe, this is the song in the beginning.)

"Shall we?" Lucas held out his hand. I smirked. "We really should be working." Lucas was surprised "Maddie, who absolutely loves dancing, turns it down?! Suit yourself," he smirked. He started dancing, which was pretty bad, so I laugh. "Are you making fun of my dancing?" He pretended to be hurt.

"No, not at all." I smiled. "Ok... Well maybe a little." He chuckled, "well let's see if you can do any better!" Accepting his challenge, I stood up and started dancing with him.

While we were dancing I tripped, but Lucas caught me. Our faces inches away. He looked at my eyes and my lips, and so did I. We started to lean in, "Hey kids, how's the project going?"

His mom came through the door. We quickly stood back up, trying to act casual. His mom could sense something was wrong, "did I interrupt something?" I answered, "oh no you're fine, I just have to use the bathroom." I walked pass her and made my way towards the bathroom.

Lucas' POV

"Mom!" "What? Did I do something wrong?" She put her hands up in surrender. "You could've knocked!" I pointed towards the door. "Well, let me think, my house, my roof, which you live under. So, I'm allowed to do what I want mister." Ugh!" I fell back onto my bed. "Okay, okay! Next time I will knock!" She walked out of my room.

A/n:
Hey! Thank you so much for 100 reads! Eek! Lucas' mom ruin the moment!!! Sorry! Hehe.